PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed with Corel file

Abdul Baseer Hai
08-10-2005, 5:34 PM
Hello all

I desperately need help with the attached corel file. i have been asked to vector cut the yellow portions out of the window in the graphic. I dont know how. This is a big order if I can get it right. The person is coming to see me tommorrow morning and I have to cut a demo piece for him.
Somebody please help.
The grill in the window is composed of thick and not vector lines.

When the proper cutting is done, the yellow pieces have to be eliminated from the full cardboard piece and only the grill will stay.

I will be be waiting for someone to help as i know there is somebody out there on this forum who knows better.

Thanks in advance

Abdul

Alina Roata
08-10-2005, 6:10 PM
Hi Abdul,

Can you tell me what should I do in order to download the attached file?
I can't click on it, I can't save it any how.
In my browser, all the Corel files are not accessible, maybe it's something I do wrong...

Alina

Brent Perkinson
08-10-2005, 6:33 PM
I aslo cannot open the attachment up.

Shaddy Dedmore
08-10-2005, 6:37 PM
I don't have corel on this PC, but for downloading... right click over it and choose SAve Target as, or possible Save Link Target (depens on your browser. It may add the ".html" extension, just delete that portion and make sure the name is "filename.cdr"

Shaddy

Hale Reider
08-10-2005, 6:39 PM
I overhaued your file. I copied the window objects,converted to black and white, traced with Corel Trace. I have two files I can email you. Please send me an email message at hale@comcast.net and I will send you both files. They may need to be cleaned up, but the vector files are there in a new layer. Hairline, red. Font needs to be changed back as my computer did not recognize this one and substituted. Hale

Hale Reider
08-10-2005, 6:44 PM
I will try to send attachments with this file. Hale

Hale Reider
08-10-2005, 6:45 PM
Sorry, new to sending attachments. Hale

Hale Reider
08-10-2005, 6:49 PM
Doing something wrong.

Alina Roata
08-10-2005, 8:54 PM
Hey Shaddy!

I know the right-click method, but the attachemnt appears as removed from the original file. There is an "x" instead of the file and underneath is the name of the file in brackets.
Right-clicking brings me to the following options: "show picture" "go to my pictures" "add to favorite" "proprieties". The rest of them are grey (unavailable).

So, I assume I didn't set an option right somewhere, I just don't know where.
Can you tell me what might be wrong? Any idea?
I tried to download older .cdr files on this forum, but couldn't do it. They all look like they were removed from the messages...

Thanks,
Alina

George M. Perzel
08-10-2005, 9:02 PM
Hi
See attached vector file- cdr format-may need to clean it up a bit.
Good Luck
george

Abdul Baseer Hai
08-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Thank you all.

I was not expecting such an overwhelming response. Every reply helped and my problem has been resolved.

Thanks again

Shaddy Dedmore
08-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Alina... I get that when I use Internet Explorer, and I'm not logged in. When I log in, I see the attachments. Not sure if that's it with you, because you posted a message so you must be logged in.

I use Netscape, not that that helps you. Maybe email Keith Outten, he might know.

Shaddy

Alina Roata
08-11-2005, 7:57 AM
Hi Shaddy,

I use Netscape right now, I switched back to visible mode and still can't see the files.
I guess I should ask Keith.

Thank you for helping me!

Alina

Bill Stein
08-11-2005, 9:20 AM
Keith or Aaron,

I am having the same problem as Alina. I always have. Can either or you help us out? It would be nice to see the attachments and help people when I can.

Bill

Russ Yanda
08-12-2005, 2:34 PM
I also have this problem.

Maybe it is related to McAfee Security Software?

Alina Roata
08-12-2005, 2:56 PM
Hi Russ,

I don't use McAfee, but if that would be the reson, why can I download zip and jpg files and not cdrs?

I hope Keith or Aaron can help us...

Alina

Jerry Allen
08-12-2005, 4:24 PM
Because .zip and .jpg files are properly registered and associated.
The best bet is to zip the .cdr and then upload it.

Alina Roata
08-12-2005, 5:21 PM
And yet, some members don't have a problem downloading .cdr files....

Hale Reider
08-12-2005, 6:27 PM
I didn't have any trouble downloading files with Internet Explorer 6.0 and I have Norton on computer. It did download as an html file, but I went to "my computer", renamed the file as *.cdr, then opened it in Corel Draw 12. I had a problem uploading the files, but figured it out.

Hale