PDA

View Full Version : how long does Grizzly take to ship?

Andrew Jordan
05-10-2015, 12:08 AM
I was just wondering - I have to time a trip around a tool arriving at a shipping depot - how much lead time should do I need to plan for?

The tool is listed as out of stock in Missouri- will it ship from elsewhere instead, or do they wait...it's going to North Dakota...

Thanks!
Andrew

Scott Hearn
05-10-2015, 1:38 AM
I was just wondering - I have to time a trip around a tool arriving at a shipping depot - how much lead time should do I need to plan for?

The tool is listed as out of stock in Missouri- will it ship from elsewhere instead, or do they wait...it's going to North Dakota...

Thanks!
Andrew

I was told that a G1023RL would not ship to my location (Oklahoma) from anywhere but the MO warehouse. Of course they didn't have it in stock there, but did have it in Washington. No dice, not even a transfer to MO and me pick it up there. They did tell me when the next shipment was due in there and were very close on the date. They can probably get you an idea and you could call back when it gets close. Once they ship you can probably have it held for you to pickup?

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Call Grizzly. They would probably be a more accurate source of information.

Jerome Stanek
05-10-2015, 10:23 AM
It would depend on if they get the item on their next shipment. Just because they are getting a shipment doesn't mean that it will have everything that was ordered.

Matt Day
05-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm sure your anxious to get your equipment, but you're not going to get a lot of help here. As Ken said, call Grizzly and ask them.

ken masoumi
05-10-2015, 1:24 PM
I agree with calling Grizzly to get a more accurate estimate, you could also ask on a Canadian woodworking site where many members have actual experience ordering from Canada.

Andrew Jordan
05-10-2015, 3:04 PM
I'm planning on calling on Monday - but we're debating planning a trip, and didn't want to get too far ahead of ourselves if it wasn't going to work out to pick up the tool...

mike mcilroy
05-11-2015, 3:06 AM
I ordered a cyclone on Jan 14th and received it the 22nd. I live right across the border from Detroit but the company that UPS used for lift gate service took possession of it Jan 21 at 11am and drove right through the city I live and kept it over night then drove back the next morning.
Not sure if every machine is similar but at least it is real world feed back.
Be prepared the UPS website will give you a delivery time eg. Tues 9am-5pm, but this is the time the liftgate delivery service gets it. I had never ordered anything like this before and was really shocked after tracking my order for a few days and taking the day off work, because of the UPS delivery time to see a big DELIVERED notice on the UPS website when I had nothing.:eek:
Very happy with the over all experience. Wish the shipping had been an option 12 years ago when I started woodworking!