PDA

View Full Version : Limit sensor / proximity switch

Mohamed Mouncef Aissaoui
05-07-2015, 2:01 PM
Hi, colleagues

I have a Chinese Laser engraving Machine (60x90 cm). The proximity switch of the X axis no longer brakes the engraving head and the little red LED stays on all the time. The limit switch reference is JYKJ SN05-NA. The features that are printed on it are: U: 5-24VDC I: 200mA sn: 5mm. I would change it of course but unfortunately I can not find this model either locally or online. In your opinion, with which model else can I replace mine? What is your experience about this? If I find the replacement model, can I cut the 3 wires to replace just the switch without replacing all switch and cable that comes with it? And if so, what are your tips for the connection?
Attached photo of my model.

Thank you very much

Mike Null
05-07-2015, 2:23 PM
Mohamed

Welcome to SMC. I don't know the answer to your question but we have several members who will have that expertise so keep checking in.

Doug Griffith
05-07-2015, 3:06 PM
This should help get you in the right direction:

http://www.riko.com/proximitysensor/e_sn.html

Then Google "sunx gl-8u"

Bill George
05-07-2015, 4:03 PM
Is it used as a "Homing Switch" or a limit? I would think you could just replace with a micro switch of some sort and tape off the other un-used wire. IF you can find a replacement however that would be the way to go.

It looks like the SN05??? and it appears to be switching the (-) lead, the (+) is used to power the electronics.

Mohamed Mouncef Aissaoui
05-07-2015, 4:31 PM
Yes the switch is used to return the engraving head to origin point of the work table, when I press "Datum". But honestly, I do not know the use as a limit. Can You enlighten me? Thanks.
In any case, not being knowledgeable in electronics, I prefer to find an equivalent model to mine to recover the normal state of the machine and to avoid problems at the electronic card.

Bill George
05-07-2015, 4:50 PM
Yes the switch is used to return the engraving head to origin point of the work table, when I press "Datum". But honestly, I do not know the use as a limit. Can You enlighten me? Thanks.
In any case, not being knowledgeable in electronics, I prefer to find an equivalent model to mine to recover the normal state of the machine and to avoid problems at the electronic card.

I agree, keep it OEM if you can. My only thought right now for sourcing one are the Links posted to the Mfg website or eBay. You know its DC voltage 5- 24 volts, and its a three wire input, switching 1200 ma. You might have local electronics venders that might also stock?
ebaydotcom/itm/SNO4-N-5mm-NPN-NO-Inductive-Sensor-Proximity-Switch-DC-6-36V-/310998127487?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4868eed37f[/URL]

It looks Like it would work but maybe someone else can add info. I would check with the Vender to make sure its outputting - or Negative voltage on the switched leg for sure.

AL Ursich
05-07-2015, 7:30 PM
Omron makes them too. Used them at Sony in Factory Automation equipment making Pictures tubes in 95....

Looks like eBay would be the place... Even send one of the vendors a message to get the right cross.

AL

Mohamed Mouncef Aissaoui
05-14-2015, 4:54 AM
Hello

I return to my subject to thank all those who kindly help me with answers and suggestions that I have given.
Please, do you think that the model in the link can replace the one I have now? Thank you.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SN05-N-Inductive-Proximity-Sensor-NPN-3-wire-NO-6-36VDC-Detection-distance-5MM/1987636923.html

Bill George
05-14-2015, 8:04 AM
Hello

I return to my subject to thank all those who kindly help me with answers and suggestions that I have given.
Please, do you think that the model in the link can replace the one I have now? Thank you.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SN05-N-Inductive-Proximity-Sensor-NPN-3-wire-NO-6-36VDC-Detection-distance-5MM/1987636923.html

It looks like the one you have posted should work, and for less than $5 USD you can find out.