PDA

View Full Version : Laser acting Weird

Glenn Norton
05-06-2015, 5:02 PM
I just went to work at a local awards shop and they have an Universal M20. Been using it since 1998 and as best as I can tell it has never had much of anything done to it. They use Corel X5 and I am just beginning to understand it. Of coarse it is out busy season right now and everything I have to laser has to be done 2 or 3 times. I figuring that it needs a tube. Also it will skip lines to be engraved and it is getting to be very aggravating. Am I correct is saying that it has seen a better day and it's time to upgrade? Have to have backup to show the boss.

Guy Hilliard
05-06-2015, 5:53 PM
If you have to engrave everything two or three times just tell your boss how much time is being wasted, product scrapped because the laser is naf. If they have half a brain you will be working on a repaired or upgraded laser in short order.

Keith Winter
05-06-2015, 10:04 PM
I agree with guy, if you have to do it multiple times that tube is toast and possibly other things are overdue for overhaul. If you take your salary say $15/hr and you waste 1/2 of that on redos that laser is costing your boss $1200 a month in your wages alone, plus all the damaged material and opportunity cost. Show that to your boss and he will get that fixed in short order.