PDA

View Full Version : Pavestone

Phil Phelps
08-09-2005, 4:26 PM
Has anyone had a driveway done in Pavestone? I am contemplating having it done as soon as I hit the lottery. :p

Donnie Raines
08-09-2005, 4:39 PM
At my prior residence at used paverstones on a section of my driveway, along with my back patio(20 x 20). Like all things it seems, the prep work is the important key to yeild success. I rented a "tamper" to compact the rock base and the sand. I never encountered any issues of sagging, if you would. I did have good drainage in that area.

The only pain is "top coating" with fine sand once a year. This keeps the pavers nice and tight.

Jim O'Dell
08-09-2005, 6:23 PM
Phil, I've wanted to use their cobblestone in grey for a long time, but I don't have a reason to take out a perfectly good concrete driveway just to do it!! If you want to look at what they carry, do you know where their plant is on the west side of DFW Airport? It's on 121, just south of Grapevine on the east side of the Hwy. They have many of their different types set in fairly large areas to get a good feel of how it looks. Good luck! jim.

Phil Phelps
08-09-2005, 8:35 PM
It's way too big. I know where the company is. Actually, right down the road. The outfit that I had bid on it, goes all out. They excavate to nine inches deep and pour six inches of crushed stone. A layer of sand and then the Pavestone. On either side of the driveway, they mix my soil with concrete and do about the same as the driveway. It gives added strength from movement. They use the power tamper and the whole works. A major operation. I'm just wondering if anyone has had it professionally layed. I'll have to have the "approach" built up and installed to code, $4500. The driveway is 16.5' x 60', $9000, and if we have the walkway done, an additional $3200. Pocket change. I thinkin' about it. Wifes claws are already sunken deep :D