PDA

View Full Version : $Cashme ???

Scott Shepherd
05-05-2015, 12:21 PM
We've been a user of Square Up for a while now (the service that lets you take payments over a tablet or cell phone and doesn't charge as much as merchant accounts) and it's been pretty good. I got an email from them the other day about a new service called $Cashme. I know a lot of people Paypal people for tools, and I thought this might be a good alternative for people to look at.

It's cash.me and you can sign up and create your own "Cashtag", like $JoesWoodworking and then when you want someone to pay you, you can direct them to cash.me/$JoesWoodworking and it's a basic, simple interface that just lets you enter your payment info into it and hit send. The transaction fee is something like 1.9% or so, so not too bad when comparing to other services.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone might be interested. We're all signed up but haven't tried it yet. It would be nice to have an alternative to paypal, hopefully this is it.

Pat Barry
05-05-2015, 12:35 PM
If you want to try sending some cash I'll set up an account and let you try it out!

Scott Shepherd
05-05-2015, 1:10 PM
You try that Pat, just wait for the payment to come through ;) Actually, set one up, I'll send you $1 just to try it :)

I like the concept because it doesn't require anyone to have an account to send you money. Telling people that don't have paypal accounts to paypal you just confuses people. They don't understand, for the most part, the way to get past the signing up part. With this, you just go to that address and send the money. Tell me your cashtag and I'll send you a buck :) Easiest money you'll make today!

Myk Rian
05-05-2015, 1:55 PM
Takes 3 days to get the cash someone sends you?
Some of the reviews aren't all that great.

Scott Shepherd
05-05-2015, 2:13 PM
Takes 3 days to get the cash someone sends you?
Some of the reviews aren't all that great.

I'll wait 3 days get cash if you send me some :) I haven't read any reviews, I'm just a Square Up customer and have been pretty happy with them. They don't settle as quickly as a merchant account, that's for sure. Our merchant account settles overnight, Square Up takes a couple days to hit the account. I think Paypal is fairly slow too if I remember correctly. I don't do much in Paypal, so I can't recall.

Pat Barry
05-05-2015, 7:53 PM
I don't think I have the cahoonies to try this out just yet. At least until I can find some reputable reviews. Thankfully I don't need something like this just now.

Scott Shepherd
05-05-2015, 8:28 PM
I don't think I have the cahoonies to try this out just yet. At least until I can find some reputable reviews. Thankfully I don't need something like this just now.

Geez, can't even give money away around here :p

Brian Elfert
05-06-2015, 9:58 AM
I don't know why people think it is a scam or whatever. It is done by Square the people who make the devices to take credit cards with mobile phones or iPads.

They also have a pro version for taking credit cards for 1.5%. It seems like they might be cannibalizing their Square business since Square charges 2.75%.