PDA

View Full Version : My fan is dead

Kirk (KC) Constable
08-09-2005, 2:39 PM
I didn't get much accomplished today, because the fan in the shop had a screaming fit and I had to put it out of its misery. I've know it was dying some time now...and have even 'shopped'...just never bought the new one. So I guess I'll stop by the HD on the way home in the morning and pick one up. :mad: Couple hundred bucks I really didn't wanna spend right now. :(

KC

Dan Gill
08-09-2005, 5:02 PM
The fan is dead . . . Long live the new fan!

Could be worse, Kirk. I spent $300 yesterday on plumbing problems. The cause: a washcloth that got dropped into a toilet and flushed. That was one expensive rag!

Alan Tolchinsky
08-09-2005, 7:06 PM
I didn't get much accomplished today, because the fan in the shop had a screaming fit and I had to put it out of its misery. I've know it was dying some time now...and have even 'shopped'...just never bought the new one. So I guess I'll stop by the HD on the way home in the morning and pick one up. :mad: Couple hundred bucks I really didn't wanna spend right now. :(

KC

What kind of fan are we talking here for $200? That must be one heck of a fan. You could buy some small/medium a/c units at that price. Sorry about the need to spend money when it isn't a new tool. :(

Corey Hallagan
08-09-2005, 7:17 PM
KC, that stinks having to spend money on stuff like that. I take it you had a big heavy duty wind machine type fan.

Corey

James Biddle
08-09-2005, 9:05 PM
Thank goodness,

When I first read the title, I thought a fan of yours was dead, not a fan of yours.

Kirk (KC) Constable
08-10-2005, 1:46 AM
The dead one was an $80 or so Hampton Bay that moved quite a bit of air. What I really want is one of the BIG ones, but I'm not ready to spend that much money. For a couple hundred, I can quite a bit more than what I had. The shop fan IS a tool around here..and it's a bit cheaper to run than A/C. I've got heat in the shop for the winter because I need glue to cure...but A/C still seems like a selfish 'creature comfort'. Perhaps if I ever build a new shop...

KC