PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engraver Question

Jacque Jones
05-04-2015, 10:17 AM
This is my first question, as I am a new member. I just took delivery
of a new Epilog Helix 50 watt. I would like to know what a suggested
speed and power setting should be for fleece and denim?

Brian Tymchak
05-04-2015, 10:49 AM
This is my first question, as I am a new member. I just took delivery
of a new Epilog Helix 50 watt. I would like to know what a suggested
speed and power setting should be for fleece and denim?

Hi Jacque, welcome to Sawmill Creek! There is a forum specifically for engraving under the Woodworking Hi-Tech and Manufacturing section. I suggest you repost your question there and I'm sure someone will be able to respond.

Bert Kemp
05-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Yes go to the Engravers forum theres tons on knowledgeable people who will help you.

Mike Null
05-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Jacque
Welcome to SMC. Try this: https://www.epiloglaser.com/how-it-works/laser-applications.htm

Ross Moshinsky
05-04-2015, 12:45 PM
You just spent good money with Epilog. Your sales rep or the tech support people should be able to provide you with baseline settings.

You're also just going to have to get used to trial and error. Start off fast and with low power. Then raise your power until you get a good mark. If you're still not getting a good mark, keep the power high and start lowering the speed. Within a few minutes you should be able to dial in a good baseline setting. After that, it's about fine tuning, which may or may not be required.

Bill George
05-04-2015, 2:02 PM
Ditto. My ULS machine even used has a great users manual and a whole chapter devoted to materials and settings. I would expect nothing less from a brand new machine.

Jeanette Brewer
05-04-2015, 5:54 PM
Jacque,

As mentioned on the other site where this question was posted, use a high speed, low power setting. I never can remember the exact rules of which links are allowable on this site and which are not but there are projects, settings, etc. listed under the Sample Club section of the Epilog website.

Additionally, there's a group of 3000+ Epilog (and other laser) owners on Facebook where these questions are answered all day long.

As someone else mentioned, tech support in Colorado, the apps lab in Colorado and your local distributor stand ready to help! Welcome to the Epilog Laser family!

Jacque Jones
05-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the responses. I called the Epilog help center and was told to try You Tube .. not the best response I could hope for.

Gary Hair
05-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Did you buy this new or used? If new then your dealer should be providing you with the info you need. If used then you may be on your own.

Bert Kemp
05-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Well I cut both on my rabbit and generally you want fast speed low power but I can't tell you what those would be on your machine. I have 60 watt rabbit and cit those at 60 speed 15 or 20% power. hope that helps

Jeanette Brewer
05-05-2015, 7:55 PM
Thank you for the responses. I called the Epilog help center and was told to try You Tube .. not the best response I could hope for.

Jacque,

Something doesn't sound quite right there. You called (303)215-9171 and they referred you to YouTube for speed & power settings??

Remind me where you're located? I saw it on the M2M forum, IIRC, but I don't remember what I read an hour ago, much less a couple of days ago. :)

You did get my message there, right?

You followed the links to the Sample Club projects that listed the speed/power used with a 45-watt system (close enough to yours to give you a starting point, I believe).