PDA

View Full Version : Oneway easycore System

Ernest Roy
05-04-2015, 10:13 AM
New to this forum.... Was wondering if anyone has used a Oneway Easycore system on an 18" lathe as the base units sold are either 16" or 20" swing applicable.
how did this system work for you ?
any difficulties or problems with set-up or operation?
thx in advance for your comments

Mike Golka
05-04-2015, 12:21 PM
I have the 16" on a 16" lathe and it works great. For a 18" lathe I suspect all you would have to do is put 1" thick metal shims between the ways and the bolt down plates of the easycore. This should bring the cutting tool near center so you could adjust in the normal fashion.

Josh Bowman
05-04-2015, 1:23 PM
I have a 24 on a 20". Works great, just had to cut the tube and the metal slug that the cutter pivots on.

Robert Edington
05-04-2015, 3:19 PM
I don't know if you really got your questions answered. On the bottom of the finger post and the cutter post is a threaded rod with a nut. You use this to adjust the heights of the cutter and finger for cutting on center line. There is alot of rod that would allow you to set the proper height. In the bottom of both post supports is a slug. This slug is retained by a set screw. You can take the slug out and just fill it up with nickels or whatever to achieve the proper height you need. I think the guy from OneWay is the one who recommended nickels. I talked to him when I lost one of my slugs in a move and just used a speaker magnet. The slugs are .75" tall.
I hope this helps
RP

Dwight Rutherford
05-04-2015, 3:52 PM
I think your best bet will be to contact Oneway directly and ask them which one is appropriate. They have an 800 number.
http://oneway.ca/index.php?route=information/contact

Reed Gray
05-04-2015, 5:30 PM
Yea, probably better contact Oneway. You may be able to adjust the posts high enough so they will be at center height, but there may not be enough post in the bracket/holder to put up with the stresses of coring. If you are going to do a riser for the platform, I would make it full length, or at least an inch or two wider than the ways of your lathe. Lots of torque....

robo hippy