PDA

View Full Version : JB Weld

David Ragan
05-02-2015, 6:00 PM
Is JB Weld as reliable as it says?
if I were to want to mate a metal piece to a steel barrel and put 50lb stress on it- would it hold?
does the paint have to be removed from surfaces?
i want to put a sort of eye/hook/catch near bottom of my DC steel barrel (clearvue) to upend it for easier cleanout, so I can't violate the barrel or risk any small leaks-cyclone won't tolerate any leaks
when barrel is full (now) I want to put contractors bag over top, lay on side, and pull bottom up w pulley from ceiling. I planned to put small hole in bottom (seal w duct tape) so air comes in, dust goes down into bag. Last few times process was a real pain
been thinking about it for months.......got pulley and cord today, ready to roll

John Lanciani
05-02-2015, 6:12 PM
Drill a hole, put an eye bolt in, and put caulk under the washers before you tighten the nut. No need to over think it or risk failure at an inopportune moment.

Mel Miller
05-02-2015, 6:20 PM
Drill a hole, put an eye bolt in, and put caulk under the washers before you tighten the nut. No need to over think it or risk failure at an inopportune moment.
I agree. JB weld is great stuff for certain applications, but it's not made to be used to glue something together like that.