PDA

View Full Version : It's finally ours

Steve Jenkins
08-09-2005, 9:17 AM
Friday we finally closed on the property we have been trying to buy. It's 4.6 acres with a 1958 ranch style house that will need remodeling and an addition put on it. There is a perfect place for a shop building which is on the agenda asap.
For those familiar with N. Texas it's E of Mckinney about 9 miles and north of Princeton.
I'm hoping to have our annual BBQ out there in Oct. (the 22nd).
I just thought I was busy before, now the fun really starts.

Bart Leetch
08-09-2005, 9:33 AM
<body>

<p><b><font color="#0000FF">Wunnerful wunnerful !!</font></b> Thanks for the note.
<font size="4" color="#FF0000"><b> CRACK</b></font> <b><font color="#0000FF">goes
the whip now get busy...........but stay safe hope you have a wunnerful time
fulfilling your dreams.</font></b></p>

</body>

</html>

Jim Hinze
08-09-2005, 9:58 AM
Congrats!!! A house with a lot of land is a dream of my wife and I. I'm very envious :o

Steve Clardy
08-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Great!! My shop is on our home property, 31 acres. Sure is nice to walk to work!!

Jim Becker
08-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Kewel! I remember how excited you were when I last stopped by for a quick visit. Congratulations on your new property!!!!! 'Can't wait to see it.

Jim O'Dell
08-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Congrats, Steve! Hey, remodeling is not work, its FUN!!! Jim.

Ken Garlock
08-09-2005, 2:08 PM
Congrats on the new digs :cool:

I will have to drive by and look at the new place :)

Norman Hitt
08-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Friday we finally closed on the property we have been trying to buy. It's 4.6 acres with a 1958 ranch style house that will need remodeling and an addition put on it. There is a perfect place for a shop building which is on the agenda asap.
For those familiar with N. Texas it's E of Mckinney about 9 miles and north of Princeton.
I'm hoping to have our annual BBQ out there in Oct. (the 22nd).
I just thought I was busy before, now the fun really starts.

Congratulations on "Gettin Er Done", Steve. Are you going to move your shop up there as well? (You're sure Gonna be close to "Mr Curley Woods", now aren't you). I sure wanted to get over to see your place and meet you last week while I was in Highland Village at my Daughter's, but got tied up with the Denton Police due to a break in at my Daughter;s Rent house, and among other things they stole "MY" Lawn Tractor that I still had stored there. Seems like I never have enough time, Or all the cars are gone when I do have time, to get around to see people and things when I'm there. Oh, well, maybe next time. Get us some pictures soon, so we can drool over the place too. :D

Dennis Peacock
08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Congrats Steve!!!! I'm real proud for ya and I know it will be really nice when you get it all done!!! Way to go.

Dan Gill
08-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Outstanding, Steve. Walk to work, avoid the Dallas traffic, lots of room, and you'll be close to Curly Woods. Of course, that's where the majority of your income will go . . .:D

Kevin Swindle
08-10-2005, 1:29 PM
Congratulations Steve. Can't wait to see it in Oct.

Jerry Olexa
08-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Congrats Ken! the land is a real bonus. Great to have the space/flexibility.

Vaughn McMillan
08-11-2005, 2:55 PM
Congratulations on the new place, Ken. With that much space, I'd imagine you could throw one heck of a barbeque. I learned BBQ-ing Texas-style from my dad (who was raised in the Bartlett and Lampassas areas), so I know you Texans know how to heat a hunk o' meat.

- Vaughn

Chris Padilla
08-12-2005, 4:45 PM
:confused: Pics?? :confused: Where are the pics??? :mad:

Congrats, Steve...now don't be stingy...post them PICS!! :D

Lee DeRaud
08-12-2005, 4:51 PM
I learned BBQ-ing Texas-style from my dad (who was raised in the Bartlett and Lampassas areas), so I know you Texans know how to heat a hunk o' meat.Based on my last trip there, I would have thought that just making the cow stand out in the sun for an hour or two would be good enough.:eek: