PDA

View Full Version : Contract for custom work

Mike Troncalli
05-01-2015, 4:44 PM
Does anyone have a standard contract that they use for custom work..

Nothing fancy, but basics are.

1. We are authorized to use your artwork
2. Payment is due before work starts
3. Changes can incur additional charges.

etc, etc...

Thanks

Gary Hair
05-01-2015, 5:03 PM
I would put that verbiage in a Quickbooks estimate and either print or email to them, no need for a separate form that way. QB can turn that estimate into an invoice so you don't have to do everything again when you invoice them.

Michele Welch
05-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Well hiya Mike!!

Here's a link that I've used a time or two. You can customize it to your liking and needs per customer. It's pretty handy.

https://www.freelancersunion.org/contract-creator/

Sounds like things are hoppin'!!

Michele

Mike Troncalli
05-01-2015, 10:59 PM
Hello Michelle.

Thanks for the link. Now that I have a bigger bed size I am picking up more work. BTW the new machine is working great.

There is a somewhat nationally known food chef who is opening a new restaurant in my area and we are cutting and engraving 200 of their menu covers. I've also parterned with another guy who has a fiber laser and 3d printing service. We are putting our services together to try and build a more full service company.

Michele Welch
05-02-2015, 1:28 PM
Dang Mike, that's awesome!!! I'm glad the machine is working out. I just need to get my behind in gear and start marketing myself better so I can get those great jobs like you do.

OK, now that you've opened the door, and I'm such a foody and cook myself, what might this restaurant be?????

Tim Bateson
05-02-2015, 8:13 PM
Have never used a contract, probably never will. While it spells everything out, it's also time consuming.