PDA

View Full Version : Another Taz Pen

John Hart
08-08-2005, 9:52 PM
Here's another Tazmanian Malie Burl Pen (sittin' on top of mother burl). I think I'm very pleased with this finish. It is finished with HUT stuff using a "secret" method offered to me in a PM. Totally cool material!

Dawn Sunkle
08-08-2005, 10:23 PM
wow!!!!!!!!!
stunning pen John. Thanks for showing it off. I love it.

Dawn

Silas Smith
08-08-2005, 11:19 PM
That is a great looking pen, I especially like how you tied it into the original piece of wood.

Vaughn McMillan
08-09-2005, 4:24 AM
Wow John, I come over to the turners forum, and this is the first picture I see. I need to come over here and look at the pictures more often. Excellent work, and a great photo too.

- Vaughn

Jack Savona
08-09-2005, 5:59 AM
And knowing we are all on the Quest for a better finishing method, you're going to show us that beautiful burl pen without sharing the 'secret'? And to rub salt in the wound, you have me salivating looking at Mother Burl.

Jack

John M. Cioffi
08-09-2005, 6:52 AM
WOW!!! Great penmanship,there John!Beautiful wood.You seem to be getting better & better at this thing & great pics,also.
Thanks again for sharing.
John;)

John Hart
08-09-2005, 6:55 AM
Thanks everyone. I really like this style of pen and the wood is great to work with.

Jack - I'm sorry to torture you...but I must be loyal to my source. If I was a Journalist, I'd have to go to prison for my loyalty. He may offer the "secret" on his own though...maybe....hint hint. :rolleyes:

Blake McCully
08-09-2005, 7:30 AM
John,
Really great looking pen. It looks like the flat top push pen from Berea. Is that correct? Now you need to make a pencil to go with it. Maybe even a segmented letter opener and magnifying glass from PSI, actually get them from Ryan at Woodturningz :rolleyes:

John Hart
08-09-2005, 8:06 AM
...It looks like the flat top push pen from Berea. Is that correct? Now you need to make a pencil to go with it. Maybe even a segmented letter opener and magnifying glass from PSI, actually get them from Ryan at Woodturningz :rolleyes:

Thanks Blake....and to think, I owe it all to you. You're the one that really got me started on this pen turning thing.....er...addiction. It makes you kinda like a drug dealer!:D Yep...that kit is from Berea. It's not their nicer one...just the beginners model. I'm starting to feel brave enough to get some really nice kits though.

Jim Hinze
08-09-2005, 8:25 AM
I've seen a lot of Pens, but that one is simply awesome. That figure is beautiful, wood tone incredible.

I need to get a lathe...

Could you make me one? :(

Harry Goodwin
08-09-2005, 11:16 AM
John they are beautiful pens and you have it: addiction. Harry

Mike Ramsey
08-09-2005, 2:05 PM
Beautiful Pen John!! But you should be aware of the SMC rule of "No Secrets"
So.....lets get that secet posted ASAP :D

Jeff Sudmeier
08-09-2005, 5:00 PM
Man this secret is killing me! Hopefully whoever owns it is getting a kick out of us and will post shortly!! :) :) :) Or at least PM everyone on this thread about it :) :) :)

Ernie Nyvall
08-09-2005, 7:13 PM
Thanks everyone. I really like this style of pen and the wood is great to work with.

Jack - I'm sorry to torture you...but I must be loyal to my source. If I was a Journalist, I'd have to go to prison for my loyalty. He may offer the "secret" on his own though...maybe....hint hint. :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm for that, lets send John to prison for not revealing the secret. :D
That is a beautiful finish. No wonder you are satisfied with it. So... how exactly did you finish it? Okay, okay, I'll quit........ No wait a minute. If more than one person knows, and at least two people do, then it is no longer a secret so the loyalty thing is null and void. So lets have it.

Ernie

John Hart
08-09-2005, 7:22 PM
Remember Sgt Schultz on Hogan's Heroes? I know nothing....nothing!!!:D

Dave Right
08-10-2005, 7:54 AM
THAT IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work!

Mike Ramsey
08-10-2005, 9:12 AM
Yeah...but...Shultz could always be bribed by LeBeau's Schnitzel!! Or was it Strudel??..Do we have to resort to that?!.....

Bill Stevener
08-10-2005, 5:19 PM
Yes John, but they took Schults off the air. Use a little caution!!!!!!!

Still a nice looking pen tohouh, very very nice work.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Randy Moore
08-10-2005, 9:25 PM
Yeah...but...Shultz could always be bribed by LeBeau's Schnitzel!! Or was it Strudel??..Do we have to resort to that?!.....

I wonder what a slab of B B Q ribs would do to Sargent Schultz.. err John?:D

Randy

John Hart
08-10-2005, 9:39 PM
mmmmm... Ribs! :rolleyes: My wife said that she'll tell you for some strudel....but then, she doesn't know either.:p

After spending many years in National Security....if there's one thing I do well...it's to keep a secret.

I mean really ya'll....it would be treason...and then no one would trust me...and then I would be sad :(....... All because I sold out for a piece of Mike's moldy strudel that he shipped UPS ground from Texas in 115 degree heat.

Jason Christenson
08-15-2005, 2:36 PM
Very nice. :)

Keith Burns
08-15-2005, 2:47 PM
Come on John, share the secret, please please please ! By the way, great looking pen !