PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft: Does yours honor internet sale prices?

G. Brad Schmidt
04-29-2015, 4:25 PM
My local Woodcraft in Seattle has always matched prices until about 20 minutes ago.
I was interested in a few laminated pen blanks selling for $3.99 via the net (http://www.woodcraft.com/category/SU114/wood-and-project-materials.aspx?Featured=On%20Sale).
The clerk told my wife he could let them go for $5 a piece.

Not looking for a fight just clarification or other experiences.

It should be noted I make the 30+ minute drive maybe twice a year.
My wife, on the other hand, visits in my stead no fewer than 10 times a year.
When she goes shopping in Bellevue or Tukwila she always asks if she can swing by Woodcraft/Rockler for me. :)

Kyle Iwamoto
04-29-2015, 4:53 PM
Ours does not, but being out in the middle of the ocean, I understand that. My big question is how can you visit them ONLY 2 times a year.:) I'm 30 minutes from mine too.......

G. Brad Schmidt
04-29-2015, 6:48 PM
Thanks for the input Kyle.
I had a feeling the other times they matched was out of the goodness of their hearts (certainly not my charismatic personality).

My reasons for visiting Woodcraft barely twice a year are three fold:
1. I avoid the Seattle area like the plague.
2. I'm quite lazy, preferring to do ALL my shopping with a mouse.
3. I am blessed to have a family owned WWer's shop just down the street.

Dan Grebinski
04-29-2015, 8:45 PM
From the Woodcraft site:

Q: Are prices the same in the catalog, online and in the stores?
A: Sometimes an item that is on sale in the stores may not be on sale in the catalog or online, or vice-versa. When that happens, please mention it to us. We are always willing to honor sale prices online. Woodcraft cannot be held responsible for pricing errors, in print or otherwise.

G. Brad Schmidt
04-29-2015, 9:20 PM
Good catch and clarification Dan.
I knew it was a bad idea to drop advanced Paying Attention to Details 121 in college.

I also received a reply from Gabby at Woodcraft HQ explaining the same.

* Let it be known your revelation will afford this meticulous, O.C.D. nitpicker a stress-free sleep tonight. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-052.gif