PDA

View Full Version : restoring Delta Drum Sander 31-255X possible part from Shop Fox 2 HP Shaper

John Terdik
04-28-2015, 4:48 PM
I'm attempting to restore a Delta Drum Sander 31-255X and cannot locate a few parts any help would be appreciated

406-13-080-0006 ROLLER - this is the back roller and without it the unit is worthless. So far I have had zero luck finding it, Delta no longer stocks it and none of the parts suppliers has one on the shelf.
406-13-400-0003 HANDWHEEL ASSY - I can make a crude one out of 1/4" metal but would prefer to have a good looking wheel and handle. Again Delta no longer stocks it and no body has one setting on the shelf. While looking around I found a possible unit I could use on the Shop Fox 2 HP Shaper but I don't know the size of the hole on the handle. My shaft is 3/8" and stick out 1" can somebody tell me what size the shaft is on the Shop Fox for the handwheel? I called Grizzly and spoke to one of their techs but did not get any help.
422-39-067-0001 SWITCH ACTUATOR and 438-01-017-0206 SWITCH - I can work around this by installing a totally different switch like the Woodstock D4160 110-Volt Paddle Switch which I can get from Amazon. I've used this switch on other power equipment with great success.

David Delo
04-28-2015, 5:13 PM
google renovo parts and search the part number. I think they have it.

Mike Cutler
04-28-2015, 6:01 PM
The switch and switch paddle are on eReplacement. The switch has an "S" designator at the end of the part# though. It's a $90.00 part, so you want to be sure. The paddle is $7.50. They also have the conveyor belt which I understand is difficult to find.

Link;

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-31255x-type-drum-sander-parts-c-3275_3512_3543.html

John Terdik
04-29-2015, 1:51 AM
Gee wiz when I search for the PN on their site I get 6 pages of stuff and I could not find what I was looking for. IMHO their search engine is the pits.

When I have found it listed on different parts sites I've been giving them a call if they have a phone number on their website and so far all have said they don't have it in stock and cannot get it. Just to be on the safe side I will give RENOVO a call tomorrow.

John Terdik
04-29-2015, 4:06 AM
The switch and switch paddle are on eReplacement. The switch has an "S" designator at the end of the part# though. It's a $90.00 part, so you want to be sure. The paddle is $7.50. They also have the conveyor belt which I understand is difficult to find.

Link;

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-31255x-type-drum-sander-parts-c-3275_3512_3543.html
With all of the research I did I never looked at eReplacement. When I looked at their site the switch was 33.31 and the actuator was 7.06 thus just over $40 plus shipping I can get both. Most likely I'll go this route rather than getting the cheaper switch from Amazon mainly because if I go with the cheaper switch it requires more work on my part, e.g. I need to cut a hole in the frame to mount the switch or mount a box to the frame and possibly make a new box for the speed control. I'll make the decision when I get the back roller. This is my main roadblock.

John Terdik
04-29-2015, 4:22 PM
I just confirmed that Renovo does NOT have the roller.