PDA

View Full Version : Photo cards

kevin nee
04-28-2015, 10:16 AM
I need a new photo card. I usually go to Wal Mart and just get what is on sale.
is there a big difference in quality with different cards. Is it the old " you get what
you pay for " I would like my photos to be a little cleaner.
Thanks in advance, Kevin

roger wiegand
04-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Better memory cards mainly are faster, and, of course, larger. There should be no difference in picture quality-- the information is digital and has to be the same, no matter the medium. In my camera the fastest cards result in very noticeable differences in the time it takes to bring up photos and on the frames per second that are achievable; that may not be true of all cameras, or you might not care, in which case cheaper, slower cards are fine.

Larry Browning
04-28-2015, 11:07 AM
You can usually get the best price online. Amazon is usually my go to source memory cards. Huge selection with good descriptions of what each one is and also customer reviews. If you don't need it today, Amazon is your best bet.

Mark Stutz
04-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Not sure exactly what you mean by cleaner. The more expensive cards,as has been pointed out, offer faster downloads. Unless you are shooting in RAW you won't notice a difference with the usual point and shoot with a jpeg image.

If the image is blurry, try taking a picture with the camera sitting on a stable surface using the shutter timer. If that is blurry, then it's probably something with the camera, and I'd take it in to a camera shop.