PDA

View Full Version : Corel help

Bert Kemp
04-27-2015, 7:16 PM
I have a sq with basket weave fill , I want to put an oval with my Int. in the center without the basket weave fill.
I cann't seem to figure it out. I tried move to back and front. I tried adding basktweave after I put oval in , I know its simple but .........
thanks for the help

Scott Shepherd
04-27-2015, 7:21 PM
I don't know what laser works needs, but for us, I'd just make the oval a white fill and the put black text on the white oval. Maybe it works different on your system, but that's how I'd do it.

Bert Kemp
04-27-2015, 7:22 PM
I'll try it thanx

Bert Kemp
04-27-2015, 7:24 PM
That works n I hope it will engrave that way n thax Scott

Bert Kemp
04-27-2015, 7:31 PM
This is what I was afraid of LOL looks ok in corel but when I import to laser it still shows weave in oval, any ideas.312429312430

Scott Shepherd
04-27-2015, 8:04 PM
Can't help you there, that's a lasercut issue. Someone else will have to help with that.

Mike Chance in Iowa
04-27-2015, 8:45 PM
Try this.

Draw your square. Convert it to curves. Draw your circle. Convert that to curves. Arrange, Combine the circle & square. Now add your fill and it should only fill the square area - minus the circle.

Bert Kemp
04-27-2015, 10:03 PM
ok ok I went back and tried again I thought when you said combine you meant put the oval in the sq now I see a thing called combine I did that and all is good
thanx Mike appreciate the help. Whew it s driving me crazy ;)

I made the sq converted to curves then i made the oval converted to curves then placed oval in the sq slected the whole thing and it all filled with weave.

Try this.

Draw your square. Convert it to curves. Draw your circle. Convert that to curves. Arrange, Combine the circle & square. Now add your fill and it should only fill the square area - minus the circle.

Kev Williams
04-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Corel can be confusing--

I got the results you're looking for by doing this:

Group or combine your background. It worked either way...
Put the oval in the middle where you want.
Bring the oval to front.
Group everything, and then press the button the arrow is pointing to ("simplify")

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/combine.jpg
When done, the oval remains, and everything in it does not.
The oval itself can be removed also...

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/combine2.jpg

Bert Kemp
04-27-2015, 10:29 PM
OK this is how it looks in laser cut now 312440312441And here's front piece