PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
04-27-2015, 12:14 AM
27 Apr 2015

Greetings Everyone,
I hope this finds each of you doing well. Oncall duty for the day job is winding down and then I'll have a couple of days off to get some things done around here. Chuck and I have been working on the guitar build project again and we've made some really good progress. I will try and share a pic or two with you next week.
The weather has been really rainy and that's made it hard to put my garden in. So, here's to wanting drier days for a bit so my ground will dry out. :)

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Shawn Pixley
04-27-2015, 1:10 AM
Of course I walked the dogs first thing. Saturday I help my neighbor cut 20 sheets of particle board for a project he is working on for a local beach festival. I rigged it up well and was done in under an hour. I then made a splash guard for a gold sluice. The wind then came up to a Small Craft Advisory then to a Gale Warning. Not fit outside for man nor beast. Due to work, I haven't been home much. I took LOML to dinner and a movie on Saturday evening.

Today, got my hair cut, cleaned up, washed the car, ran errands, and cleaned the shop. Packed for travel again.

daryl moses
04-27-2015, 4:03 AM
I'm in the same boat as you Dennis, been wanting to get the garden out now for about a month but the rain just will not let up long enough for the ground to dry. Did disc it up last week, mostly just churned the mud. I've usually got the garden out and plants up by now. Looks like we'll have a late garden this year.
Made 10 pens yesterday for an upcoming craft fair, pretty small work for my new lathe, but it was fun using it.

Jesse Busenitz
04-27-2015, 8:01 AM
I ended up fixing fence in my cow pasture, then going to a graduation, but managed to cut some corner and plinth block for the house I'm trimming.

John Sanford
04-27-2015, 1:20 PM
Lighting games. Hanging lights in my shop, chasing replacement ballast for one that had gone bad, trying to put a pull switch into one of the Feit LED units from Costco.

A lot of scurrying about, but not actually a lot accomplished over the weekend. The only "woodworking" was moving some wood about.