PDA

View Full Version : Engravelab v9 issues

Jodi Sands
04-26-2015, 7:38 PM
Ok, has ANYONE had problems with Engravelab's on screen kerning?? I have spent the entire weekend trying to first, get a .dxf file to open in Engravelab from CorelDraw and actually be usable. I've concluded that THAT is not possible. I tried to copy and paste some text, it worked but will only vector cut the letters. If I try to engrave them, I get an engraved box where the text should be.l So, I attempted to just recreate the same text in the same space directly using Engravelab. E-Lab doesn't have a "Full Justfy" option for entering text so I tried to use the on screen kerning. Well, I got the text entered and thried to use the kerning to fuill the text box evenly. Bust. The kerning is not smooth or even and then when I try to click off of it' the program crashes. Every freaking time!!! I tried to use CADlink's help index, it's useless, my version doesn't have the same buttons as the help screen does and the commands it says to use, don't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on manipulating text in Engravelab??????

Thank you,

Jodi Sands

vic casware
04-27-2015, 6:40 PM
Hi Jodi, which one of the text creation tools are you using? I use standard text compost with auto kern and the kerning is perfect
I create most of my files containing lots of text then transfer to corel as Engravelab does it much more accurately.
when i transfer anything from Corel i use AI, i don't know what Corel does but you're right Engravelab doesn't like most things
created in Corel.