PDA

View Full Version : old plexi inserts in a lighthouse

stan kern
04-26-2015, 4:35 PM
https://youtu.be/_2U-JvOydk4

Had some old bottle end plexiglass from the 1990's thought i would try and insert or two
does catch the sun inside the room

Don Corbeil
04-26-2015, 4:59 PM
I haven't seen that type of plexi in like.... years. I like how that looks. Nice reclamation of old material.

Chris Corwin
04-26-2015, 6:47 PM
How were you able to peel off the protective coating? All my old plexy is terrible to peel.

stan kern
04-26-2015, 6:53 PM
this had no backing ,maybe its plastic i know i bought in sheets and ripped it

Dan Hintz
04-28-2015, 6:50 AM
I haven't seen that type of plexi in like.... years. I like how that looks. Nice reclamation of old material.

Was going to say the same thing... last time I saw a sheet of the yellow/green was as a room separator in our old house (we eventually took down the beads :D ).

stan kern
04-28-2015, 9:03 PM
"Was going to say the same thing... last time I saw a sheet of the yellow/green was as a room separator in our old house (we eventually took down the beads" :D

In fact thats exactly what it was used for a room devider up on the ceiling without the beads, its amazing i never threw it out
But is there a trick to get paper off old plexi before frustration and the dump

Dan Hintz
04-29-2015, 6:42 AM
But is there a trick to get paper off old plexi before frustration and the dump

It can vary... sometimes soaking in water will do it if it's paper-based. Sometimes orange/citrus cleaner works, sometimes WD-40 (though that's a lot of cleanup mess). Sometimes low heat helps it peel.