PDA

View Full Version : New laser shipped - Changing my signature soon

Ron Gosnell
04-24-2015, 2:14 PM
Thanks to all of you and your input I ordered my laser a few weeks ago. I received a working video of it and an e-mail stating it's on the way to the shipping yards.

Here is the link to the short video if you are interested https://youtu.be/EfZSX3uUMss (https://youtu.be/EfZSX3uUMss)

Here are a couple pictures I snapped from the video that I thought highlighted the build.

It's a Thunder Laser Mars 90 130 watt
Spt 130 watt tube
Servo Motors
I ordered 2 extra head assemblies, 1.5 inch and 4 inch (it comes with standard 2 inch)
I ordered a Cw 5000 chiller
I should have ordered the rotary attachment but I didn't think I would ever use it.

It looks like they did a nice job of assembling it. All of the components look clean and mounted straight and the wiring looks like it is labeled and installed with pride.
The exhaust plenum appears to cover the width of the working table.
The gentleman on the left is the one I have been dealing with. The other 2 are the assemblers.
The background looks like a pretty clean assembly area and it looks like they are staying busy building others.

Cost was $6755.00 including shipping from China to Houston.
It does not include duty fees and customs or shipping to my door.
I'll post that when I get it.
I got the 130 watt because I figure I'll get about 110 watts of cutting power at 85% (saving tube life)
That's what I will mainly be using it for.

Again I thank everyone for their input. I'll post an actual review once I get it all set up and operating.
Until then I am working really hard at learning CorelDraw X6. I am getting the basics down pretty good at this point.

Gozzie

Dennis Heskett
04-24-2015, 5:03 PM
Thanks for posting these details. Will be watching for the updates!

Bert Kemp
04-24-2015, 6:46 PM
Awesome Ron Congratulations now tell your better half to tie down everything in the house she doesn't want cut up or engraved.:D

Scott Shepherd
04-25-2015, 9:22 AM
Congratulations Ron, I'm sure you'll put it to good use.