PDA

View Full Version : Running Writing Font?

Bill Reibelt
04-24-2015, 6:40 AM
Are there fonts that will engrave in running writing without the need to edit and remove lines. I wish to use the outside lines.
Thanks.

Dan Hintz
04-24-2015, 7:39 AM
What does "running writing" mean?

Brian Leavitt
04-24-2015, 9:10 AM
Cursive??? :confused:

Richard Rumancik
04-24-2015, 9:19 AM
Never heard of "running writing" before either but apparently he means a cursive script where the characters actually overlap (rather than "almost" join).

Bill, what I would try is this:

Convert text to curves
Use black outline, no fill. (at this point you will see the overlapping sections)
Select the entire text object and weld all the characters together. This will give you the outside lines only that you need.
Change pen size of outside line to whatever you need.

This seemed to work for me (if I understand correctly what you need) but for one of the two fonts I tried I had to do it in two sections for some reason as it only welded the left half on the first operation. But even if you have to do it in a few pieces it is pretty fast with no manual editing.

Mike Null
04-24-2015, 10:35 AM
If we all understand the same thing and you are using CorelDraw then Richard has the right answer. If it is Engravlab then kerning and welding would be the fix.

Bill Reibelt
04-24-2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks for your input,
Sorry meaning where all the letters and words join and can be engraved together not as separate printed blocks.
What is the cursive script types
Thanks

Bill Reibelt
04-25-2015, 12:07 AM
Thank you Richard: I tried different fonts that I have and it works with a few adjustments.
Thank you all