PDA

View Full Version : Goin' back to Cali...

Wes Ramsey
04-23-2015, 5:52 PM
I'm headed out to Long Beach, CA in a couple of weeks for business and thought it would be fun to pick up a small piece of local wood I could pack home. I have no idea what is available in the area, but if anyone in the area knows where I can pick something up cheap I'd appreciate some info. Or, if anyone wants to do a wood swap I have a good selection of local Arkansas hardwoods in various states of green and dry - oak, cherry, maple, hickory, walnut, flame box elder, black locust, yellow mulberry, you name it. I pack light (single pack, no chainsaw), so it would probably be a simple blank-for-blank swap. Thanks in advance!

Doug Herzberg
04-23-2015, 7:08 PM
I think I want to visit you in Arkansas. No answer to your question. Brian Kent is in San Diego. He might know, or even have some local wood to trade.

Wes Ramsey
04-24-2015, 10:39 AM
I think I want to visit you in Arkansas. No answer to your question. Brian Kent is in San Diego. He might know, or even have some local wood to trade.

Come on down! I have more wood in my stash than I know what to do with right now and a good arborist friend constantly asking me to come relieve him of some piece of wood or another. He has several dozen chunks of nice 15-20" cherry right now and a couple of big crotches I'd like to go get, but no idea where to put them. To you or anyone else that wants some free AR wood, come'n get it!

Wes Ramsey
04-27-2015, 11:08 AM
If I don't hear from Brian I'll message him. Anyone else in the area?

allen thunem
04-27-2015, 12:19 PM
where is mountain home arkansas
i have a buddy who has a dump trailer that is dying to be used
someone else i know how 40 acres with walnuts.
he is gonna clear 3 acres for a hobby farm i want to pick up some of that too

Wes Ramsey
04-27-2015, 3:41 PM
I'm smack in the middle of north-central AR and about as far north as you can get without actually being in MO. Let me know if you actually plan to come by and I'll take a trip out to my buddy's 'burn pile' where they take the trimmings to see what is available.

allen thunem
04-27-2015, 5:08 PM
I'm smack in the middle of north-central AR and about as far north as you can get without actually being in MO. Let me know if you actually plan to come by and I'll take a trip out to my buddy's 'burn pile' where they take the trimmings to see what is available.

ill do that wes thanks
so you arnt too far south of kansas city then??

Brian Kent
04-27-2015, 7:50 PM
My two unique woods are beautiful, twisty, cracky Eucalyptus (right) and softer, simpler, stable Avocado (left).

Wes Ramsey
04-27-2015, 11:05 PM
ill do that wes thanks
so you arnt too far south of kansas city then??
I think it is about 5 hours up to KC from here.

My two unique woods are beautiful, twisty, cracky Eucalyptus (right) and softer, simpler, stable Avocado (left).
Both cool woods, Brian!