PDA

View Full Version : Level spoil board

ed vitanovec
04-22-2015, 5:16 PM
What is the best way to level the spoil board?

Chris Corwin
04-22-2015, 6:48 PM
Make a pocketing tool path with the biggest diameter flat bottom tool you have of the entire work envelope. Make the toolpath go down about .01" and repeat the process until the entire board is surfaced.

Mike Heidrick
04-22-2015, 7:20 PM
I chuck up a dial indicator in my spindle (usually shortly after tramming) and find the lowest spot on the table. Then zero out at that spot and then do as above - Pocket toolpath.

ed vitanovec
04-25-2015, 7:45 PM
Thanks for your help, worked out really well.

Steve knight
04-28-2015, 12:35 AM
I chuck up a dial indicator in my spindle (usually shortly after tramming) and find the lowest spot on the table. Then zero out at that spot and then do as above - Pocket toolpath.
that takes time. mdf is cheap I just zero and run a pro programmed tollbooth for it. I make the rectangle for it larger then the table to get the corners well. I also have it do the parameter first s o I can see if the cut is deep enough.

Jim Underwood
04-30-2015, 5:14 PM
I use a 4" diameter flycutter and a preprogrammed zig-zag toolpath that overlaps by 2". I take off at least 0.015" per cut. After a couple weeks of cutting nested sheets of plywood, you get some pretty deep grooves.