PDA

View Full Version : Engraving Signatures

Becky Adams
04-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Hi! Hoping someone can help me, new to engraving and have a rotary engraver, I am wanting to be able to engrave my signature on jewelry like some people are doing, went into CorelDraw and traced it and it changed into a vector but it is not a single line vector like I am thinking it needs to be, I would really appreciate any help that I can get, new to the forum also, Thanks so much! Becky

Ross Moshinsky
04-22-2015, 1:39 PM
You can use the two line font. It will take a little longer to engrave. Basically 2 lines with a .05 cutter is like 1 line with a .10 cutter. So you could just use it as is and change your cutter.

There are two other options.

1. In the software there may be an option for different methods of engraving. It may allow you to automatically do a centerline engrave.

2. Just do a centerline trace by hand. It may take a few minutes but it sounds like you only have to do it once and then it will be set forever.

Tony Lenkic
04-22-2015, 3:10 PM
Becky,

Which rotary machine do you have?
I have watched at trade show system that did that effortlessly. Check out their website..........http://www.signature-engravers.com/

Mark Sipes
04-22-2015, 3:51 PM
Sign a blank sheet of paper Scan it in, Convert to bitmap, trace centerline. export to rotary software as graphic. PLT, DXF, DWG.....

Becky Adams
04-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the replies!!😊 I have a vision express engraver, I haven't found where it will do a centerline trace, so I am thinking I may have to do it in Corel and then do some cleanup on it??

Julian Ashcroft
04-23-2015, 2:26 AM
Have a read of this it might help:

https://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/rrcenterline/

Mike Null
04-23-2015, 8:28 AM
Becky

I believe the Visions software is Engravlab. It has a very good trace feature--just copy and paste the bitmapped signature and run the vectorization. You will get a double line but the image will be so small that you probably won't see it. I usually use a diamond for this type work rather than a cutter.

Becky Adams
04-23-2015, 11:54 PM
Hi Mike, the software that I got with my engraver is vision express software, I do have Roland Rwear though and I think that is Engravlab is Roland, I may try to see what I can do with the Rwear, Thanks so much for helping and advice:)

Mark Sipes
04-24-2015, 2:07 PM
Just pay someone to vectorize your signature. $5-10 What Image Formats will Vision import?? PLT DXF DWG ????