PDA

View Full Version : Peltor work tune review (long)

David Perkins
08-07-2005, 6:11 PM
Received the Peltor as an anniversary gift and it is much appreciated. I tested it doing some last minute chores before leaving for vacation later this week. Tasks include trimming and mowing the lawn, sawing and splitting some fire wood, surface planing, using the table saw and sanding and gluing a dresser top. The fit is good as it molds its self around the safety glasses well and not too much pressure exerted on the sides of the head. The radio pulls in distant stations with ease and keeps the weaker signals very well. (Only lost a weak signal when on the north side of the house) Tuning is easy and fine tuning is no problem, volume control works well and stays at the level which it is set. The only interference that was noticed was on the weaker signal when using the palm sander and biscuit joiner, on the stronger signals there was no interference.
Overall I’m very pleased and sure I will have them for a very long time.
I give them a
10 for noise reduction. (After all that is there objective)
8 for comfort (ears got a little hot from limited air flow)
9 for ease of use (the tuning knob moves to easy)
10 for radio reception
10 for being able to find them in the shop (Bright yellow)
:)

Michael Perata
08-07-2005, 9:59 PM
Timely. I was thinking of getting a pair. Thanks.

My wife doesn't like the volume of my radio and this could solve a couple of problems.

Robert E Lee
08-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I agree with Dave.
Bob

Andrew Ault
08-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Man, that's great. I might need to get a pair!

Dan Owen
08-08-2005, 1:21 AM
I have a pair and I'm totally happy. Great for mowing the lawn and late at night when I can't play the stereo. Reception and stereo seperation is very good.

Paul Canaris
08-08-2005, 7:16 AM
I have a pair, but would post this caveat. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I am in a more rural area, so stations come and go as I move a round my workshop...it is distracting to constantly be playing with the tuning knob.:mad: <o:p></o:p>

Otherwise they are quite comfortable to wear.;) <o:p></o:p>

Martin Shupe
08-14-2005, 4:40 PM
A very timely review, as I have thought about getting a pair of these specifically for mowing the lawn.

Do they get AM stations as well as FM? How is the reception on AM?

lou sansone
08-14-2005, 5:49 PM
I have a pair and they are great

lou

Jim Young
08-14-2005, 6:14 PM
I love mine, use them for the workshop when planing and when mowing and weeding the yard. I only wish the volume could be turned up a little higher.

Jim Kilburg
08-14-2005, 9:17 PM
Has anyone tried one in a metal building? My work shop is in a pole building, and I was wondering how it would work there. I live in a rural area,so that may be a problem. Thanks in advance for any info. Jim

Bill Lewis
08-15-2005, 5:37 AM
I've been considering getting some of these for a long time, and after the reviews, I may be putting them on my christmas list. I just wish they had a way of "jacking-in" an outside source like a CD or mp3 player.

larry merlau
08-15-2005, 7:13 AM
Has anyone tried one in a metal building? My work shop is in a pole building, and I was wondering how it would work there. I live in a rural area,so that may be a problem. Thanks in advance for any info. Jim

i have apair and my shop has a metal ceiling the main building is wood construction. so i would say that you would be good to go theyhave used them in the workplace as well and its concrete and steel roof.

Harold Lynch
08-15-2005, 7:56 AM
Refering to the "jacking in" idea above. You could use something like the after market cd/dvd players for cars. They broadcast on a FM signal that you could tune to.

Robert E Lee
08-15-2005, 4:38 PM
New HF cataloge key=BV6546 ADSafety Peltor worktunes item 45397-1GXA $49.99
$5.oo off coupon #178-362-217 Good untill Dec 1 05. I assume this will work for anyone.
Bob