PDA

View Full Version : Wheelbarrow Tubs

Rich Riddle
04-21-2015, 11:59 AM
I let someone borrow a True Tember wheelbarrow with a plastic pour tub. It returned broken. Is there anywhere where one can simply purchase the tub? Seems a waste to throw away a very good structure.

Dan Hintz
04-21-2015, 12:41 PM
i don't recall the brand, but I purchased a plastic tub barrow, as well. I thought I was making a good decision, getting one of the beefiest/thickest plastics they caried, figuring the steel version would rust out. Not so much.

By the end of the first season, I had already put a 1' crack along the bottom carrying firewood. Left it at the old house when I sold it.

Mike Cutler
04-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Last I knew, either Jackson or Ames, were making the wheelbarrows for True Temper. They do sell just tubs, but you have to contact them direct. Even if it's not a Jackson or Ames tub, it should be pretty easy to put a Jackson or Ames on it. Replace it with a metal tub. ;)
The True Temper, made by Jackson, wheelbarrow I have is over twenty years old, with all but the tire being original.I switched it to a no-flat a few years ago.

Kent A Bathurst
04-21-2015, 3:33 PM
Rich - I got nothing for you.

But I am compelled to observe that in 3 of your recent posts:

1. Gutters, fascia, soffit in sorry shape
2. Garage door has self-demolished
3. Wheelbarrow busted all to heck..............

You got anything that could be considered "functional"? :p

Dave Lehnert
04-21-2015, 7:39 PM
Last I knew, either Jackson or Ames, were making the wheelbarrows for True Temper. They do sell just tubs, but you have to contact them direct. Even if it's not a Jackson or Ames tub, it should be pretty easy to put a Jackson or Ames on it. Replace it with a metal tub. ;)
The True Temper, made by Jackson, wheelbarrow I have is over twenty years old, with all but the tire being original.I switched it to a no-flat a few years ago.

Jackson, Ames and True Temper are all the same company.

Bill ThompsonNM
04-21-2015, 8:07 PM
If you'll google 'wheelbarrow tub', you'll find dozens of options from Amazon to eBay to Menards including a company called PolyDome that makes contractor quality barrow replacements. I have a very heavy duty one I've used for firewood for 12 years. Finally got a small crack around a bolt last year but seems to have lots of life in it. Poly is good where rusting is a problem or for mixing concrete, pours and cleans out nice.

Mike Cutler
04-21-2015, 8:19 PM
Jackson, Ames and True Temper are all the same company.

I never knew that. I just thought Jackson made wheelbarrows under the True Temper brand name for Ace hardware stores.

Rich Riddle
04-21-2015, 8:34 PM
Rich - I got nothing for you.

But I am compelled to observe that in 3 of your recent posts:

1. Gutters, fascia, soffit in sorry shape
2. Garage door has self-demolished
3. Wheelbarrow busted all to heck..............

You got anything that could be considered "functional"? :pThe wife is functional.

Brian Elfert
04-21-2015, 9:31 PM
My poly wheelbarrow lasted for years until using to load up concrete blocks and bricks from demolishing a chimney. That cracked the tub from dropping heavy stuff in it. It works fine with the cracks unless I want to haul or mix concrete with it. I tried calling Ames True Temper about a replacement tub, but all I ever get is voicemail at the parts department. Menards sells a poly tub that might fit, but it is made by Truper probably in Mexico. I like to buy Made in USA when I can.

Kent A Bathurst
04-21-2015, 11:09 PM
The wife is functional.

That's all you need, brudda, that's all you need.

Rich Riddle
04-22-2015, 9:58 PM
Went to Menard's today and purchased a metal tub for $20. Will bolt it up tomorrow. Wasn't exactly what I wanted but the plastic tubs didn't look too promising.