PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Download from Lasercut 5.3

daniel coyle
04-20-2015, 7:21 PM
I keep getting the message that "The flash disk memory is full, please remove files from the flash disk and retry" while trying to download (via USB cable from laptop) an engraving file to my chinese machine. I have removed more than enough files on the laptop display but it keeps giving me the same message. Anyone have an idea what to do with this message? I am doing everything else the same way i always do.

Bert Kemp
04-20-2015, 7:46 PM
maybe it means from the laser itself
do you have a lot stored on the laser

I keep getting the message that "The flash disk memory is full, please remove files from the flash disk and retry" while trying to download (via USB cable from laptop) an engraving file to my chinese machine. I have removed more than enough files on the laptop display but it keeps giving me the same message. Anyone have an idea what to do with this message? I am doing everything else the same way i always do.

Bert Kemp
04-20-2015, 7:47 PM
please list your laser equippment in your signeture

daniel coyle
04-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Bert, it may be that there is too much on the laser itself. I am unsure how to delete this data if it is the case. I don't really know how to tell between data that is represented as downloaded to the machine on my laptop and data that exists/downloaded into the machine. Any help you can offer in navigating this would be great.

Also, I updated my signature. Hopefully it shows up here.

Bert Kemp
04-20-2015, 11:09 PM
ok well I have a Rabbit so don't know what yours has but on my key pad on the laser it self I can scroll thru the menu and one says files. Don't know if yours does or not but that were I would start. Seems logical that the machine doesn't have a lot of memory right . So if you can find where the files are stored on the laser itself and delete those maybe thats the problem area.

daniel coyle
04-21-2015, 3:04 AM
thanks bert. its not quite that straightforward with this machine. not as user friendly as your rabbit. but, i will explore this tomorrow and let you know if i make any progress with it. dan

alan corder
04-21-2015, 4:44 AM
While reading a few things the other day I came across this, on lasercut 5.3, to delete the files on the laser cutter itself click 'delete all' in the download box before downloading current. Worth a try.

Bill George
04-21-2015, 10:20 AM
thanks bert. its not quite that straightforward with this machine. not as user friendly as your rabbit. but, i will explore this tomorrow and let you know if i make any progress with it. dan

There is a learning curve with any machine and the Chinese lasers perhaps are the worst because of no real instruction manual, in English that is.

What Alan has suggested is what I would try first.
If you have been downloading files to the machine and never Deleted any, my guess that's the problem.

Don't get discouraged, we have all had our issues and questions.

Julian Ashcroft
04-21-2015, 10:58 AM
I think my Chinese laser (Shenhui) can hold a hundred files in its memory. To delete them I just use press the file button on the control pad and scroll through until I see the delete selection. I do find the more files in the lasers memory the longer it takes to download a file from the PC to the laser.

Bert Kemp
04-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Good Point Alan, when ever I import a new file to the laser I always hit delete all. I don't store any files on the laser itself . Hope that works for Dan.

While reading a few things the other day I came across this, on lasercut 5.3, to delete the files on the laser cutter itself click 'delete all' in the download box before downloading current. Worth a try.

Dave Sheldrake
04-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Good Point Alan, when ever I import a new file to the laser I always hit delete all. I don't store any files on the laser itself . Hope that works for Dan.

Same Bert, I tend to leave the memory empty and just load files as I need them :)

Bill George
04-21-2015, 12:51 PM
And as you get a little older.... you tend to forget, what the heck was that file used for?? Delete all solves that.

daniel coyle
04-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the ideas. The laser has always worked even with several dozen files on it. Now I have deleted almost all of the files and it still tells me the "flash disk" is full. I am worried that if I delete the final files I have on there (which I use regularly) it still won't work and then I won't be able to reload my most important, routinely used stuff. This machine is definitely made of black magic.

Robert Schmiede
04-22-2015, 1:03 AM
Dan, when you have your file open on laser cut 5.3 ,as seen on your laptop, and it is ready to send to your laser m/c, you will press download,a pop up box will appear that has your last laser job on it,as bert says,press delete all, then preess download current.if your message pops up just press retry. Now if that fails pull out the usb cable that goes to the laser wait a couple of secs and try again. You do not have to delete files that are in your laser cut program on your computer.