PDA

View Full Version : Cast Iron Tablesaw Wing

Bill Adamsen
04-20-2015, 1:48 PM
I have an older Unisaw that I've had for quite sometime - bought new as a 20 something back in the late seventies. It has been relegated for the most part to dados, finger joints and other stuff ... but definitely not sheet goods. I keep thinking about reducing its footprint by cutting off the Unifence about ten inches to the right of the saw's center cast iron section, and replacing the original extended table with a cast iron LTA-402 wing. Then I'd cut down the moveable base and it would have a nice compact footprint.

Has anyone tried the Accura table extension (available from ebay)? I know some of the other products under that name (shaper fence) have received ... shall I say ... "mixed" reviews.

Mike Schuch
04-21-2015, 2:40 PM
I believe the table on your unisaw is 27" back to front. So you will want a table 27" long of which I have seen many on ebay.

I do use my Powermatic cabinet saw for sheet goods and I lopped off my Vega fence so it will only handle cuts 25" wide. There have been a couple times that I REALLY needed a wider cutting fence and I put my old tube Powermatic fence on... but for the most part I really appreciate the narrower Vega fence.

Michael Stein
04-22-2015, 10:05 AM
I have looked at their "router table extensions" a handful of times, but cannot bring myself to pull the trigger. Would love to hear peoples thoughts...

I am not certain my money would be better spent on this, or building a router extension and buying a router lift instead... Thats for a different thread.