PDA

View Full Version : Raise 'em right

Malcolm Schweizer
04-19-2015, 3:59 PM
We did a photo shoot with my daughter and I wanted to do old-school woodworking. I told the photographer just bring her camera and be ready to shoot candids. I dressed in my favorite get-up and set out some tools and we let Petra play with them. The Stanley No 80 was my grandfather's.

Brian Holcombe
04-19-2015, 4:08 PM
Great photos!

Jim Koepke
04-19-2015, 4:21 PM
That reminds me of visits of the grandkids.

Good old time fun.

jtk

Hilton Ralphs
04-19-2015, 4:26 PM
Cute kid Malcolm but do I detect painted toe nails?

Mel Fulks
04-19-2015, 4:28 PM
Nice, sweet shots. I get the impression she is not in the least camera shy! The toes are a nice touch,and good familial
photo footing. You are wise too,to get those black and whites.

Pat Barry
04-19-2015, 5:05 PM
I agree with the others that they are great photo's and will be a nice future remembrance. On the topic of 'raise em right', though, instill in her the need to wear shoes around sharp tools that can easily roll off the bench top.

lowell holmes
04-19-2015, 5:05 PM
Both you and your daughter are blessed. It's easy to see daddy's love and pride. She is gorgeous, but of coarse you know that.

I'ts going to be interesting in 10-12 years when the boys come calling.

Jim Matthews
04-19-2015, 6:46 PM
She's adorable.

I think we can all be glad she takes after her Mother,
who has questionable taste in Men.

John A langley
04-19-2015, 7:00 PM
Very cute little girl , great photos I use a 80 quite often never thought To pull it to me.

John A langley
04-19-2015, 7:02 PM
I retract my post mine has a rounded front I looked the second time

Frederick Skelly
04-19-2015, 7:05 PM
How utterly charming! You'll cherish those for the rest of both of your lives.
Well done Sir.
Fred

Malcolm Schweizer
04-19-2015, 7:35 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. I didn't even notice the toes! She is a true island girl- always barefoot or in flip flops. Actually the stool I put for her to stand on made a nice knee rest and I am hereby making one for the shop that height. It was a very comfortable stance either resting my knee on it or putting one foot on it with bent knee.

As for boys calling, daddy is going to show them his sharpening skills, and then with my sharpest machete in hand look at them and say, "You know, a man could take a fella's head off in one swipe with this thing... But of course only if someone were to really upset him. Now, about your date with Petra...."

Jim, mommy is naturally beautiful and Petra inherited that from her. She wears no makeup and you would swear she did. Now I am showing off.

I failed to mention the photographer- Launa Watts. She does this just for the enjoyment and refuses to take any money. My favorite is when we had 4 generations all together at the same time.

Malcolm Schweizer
04-19-2015, 7:37 PM
Very cute little girl , great photos I use a 80 quite often never thought To pull it to me.

I grabbed it real quick for the shot and I think I have it backwards but I do pull it during use.

Stew Denton
04-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi Malcolm,

Really neat photo. When you get to the age where she has kids of her own that are about the size she is now, you may really appreciate those photos.

Stew

Mike Holbrook
04-20-2015, 1:22 AM
Inspiring,
My daughter goes off to college next year, maybe if she comes up with a granddaughter.....

Chuck Hart
04-20-2015, 3:06 AM
I wish I had the picture on my computer my wife recently did a picture with her mother and the other girls. Made 4 generations. Impressive Malcolm.

Chuck

Curt Putnam
04-20-2015, 1:14 PM
The middle shot of her looking up at Daddy with an awesome smile is totally priceless.

Phil Thien
04-20-2015, 1:20 PM
The middle shot of her looking up at Daddy with an awesome smile is totally priceless.

And the bare feet.

What a beautiful family.

Jim Matthews
04-20-2015, 10:49 PM
TJim, mommy is naturally beautiful and Petra inherited that from her. She wears no makeup and you would swear she did. Now I am showing off. My favorite is when we had 4 generations all together at the same time.

I've got two boys with indifferent Granparents.
You suck.