PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have those times, when....

Dennis Peacock
08-07-2005, 2:12 PM
you are "wanting" / "Needing" to learn a new skill in the shop that has to do with wood and improving your abilities and you ponder about what to do as you don't have anything going on that requires your time in the shop? And THEN you get bombarded with requests for stuff you have to make and then you no longer have that time to learn the "something" new that you really wanted / needed to learn and develop? Know what I mean? :rolleyes:

Wishing I had about 6 months of time from the real job to get all this stuff under control and teach myself something new. :confused: :rolleyes:

John Miliunas
08-07-2005, 4:30 PM
Hey Dennis, how about replacing "ever" for "always"!!! Sheeesh...I have so many different "want to learn" items on my list, I don't know when I'll be able to get to them all! :o Besides being slow, I usually have to learn everything the "hard way" (making mistakes before getting it right!). Typically, when I do have a project list though, I will try and attempt doing even some minor thing which is "new" to me. Sometimes I even get lucky and it works out nicely. Then the trick is to remember "how" I did it the next time something comes along. You're right about wishing for 6 months or so of nothing but experimenting and learning new techniques. For me, repetition is THE key to learning new processes.:) :cool: