PDA

View Full Version : Had to buy a tool for a job

Scott Parks
08-07-2005, 1:21 PM
To speed of the process on trimming out my remodel house, I decided it was time to buy a miter saw. I normally use my tablesaw for everything. In the past, I had bought two CMan CMS's and was SO DISSAPOINTED, that I returned them both. So, I've been afraid to buy another one. But... I've been looking at the Hitatchi 10" with laser for quite a while now, for $199... But when I went to buy it, I saw this 12" on sale for $329. So, my wife and I agreed that for only $30 more, I should get the 12" instead. :D (hehe, how's that for math...)

A few days later, after thinking about it, I realized that the difference was $130, not $30:o. But I won't tell her that... Cuz I've got a sweet 12" CMS.:D:D:D. So far, I'm very impressed! My only gripe is that the right side fence casting is a little tweaked, so it is not square to the table. I have to shim it for now. But once I get moved and settled into my new shop, I'll call Hitatchi, and see if I can get a replacement.... After cutting 600 feet of moulding, I'll give this saw two thumbs up!