PDA

View Full Version : Smoke not clearing

Rob Preston
04-18-2015, 4:12 PM
I have the Shenhui 50w laser and having this on- going problem ? Every time I am cutting on the laser the smoke is not clearing away, I have checked the tubes and the water pump and all seems fine , any answers would be appreciated

Thanks

Rob

Bill George
04-18-2015, 5:37 PM
I have the Shenhui 50w laser and having this on- going problem ? Every time I am cutting on the laser the smoke is not clearing away, I have checked the tubes and the water pump and all seems fine , any answers would be appreciated

Thanks

Rob

Rob its in your exhaust fan or venting system. If it just started I'd check the piping, maybe you have a bird nest or something like that blocking the air flow.

Mark Sipes
04-18-2015, 5:42 PM
Exhaust fan ? pipes to the outside? what are those ? LOL

Bert Kemp
04-18-2015, 8:42 PM
How long have you been using the laser, have you checked the blades of the fan inside the fan case. These build up a lot of resin over time and can cause your exhaust not to work properly. Clean the fan blades. Another thing to check are the intake vents on your machine if they got blocked by something this also would cause improper exhausting.

Chris J Anderson
04-18-2015, 9:44 PM
You might like to say how you are exhausting the fumes from your laser, as it sort of sounds like you don't have air extraction ?

If you don't, just search here theres plenty of info on how people have set them up.

Your lens / mirrors / mechanicals inside the machine will foul up very quickly without exhausting, and you could make yourself quite sick !!

Mike Lysov
04-20-2015, 4:25 AM
If there is a exhaust fan or blower to suck smoke off the laser I would be checking it. I clean it regularly and I can confirm what Bert says about the blades. All dirt stick to them reducing air flow dramatically. The same happens to a hose/pipe but they are not as critical as the blades. Unless there is a net on the end of a pipe to get birds out. In this case the net needs cleaning too.

BTW, birds are freaks. Three years ago out kitchen flute stopped working. Any time we tried to turn it on we could hear some strange sound like something alive was there crying. We thought it was either a mouse or just a blower inside the flute broke and we stopped using it. Then we called a handyman asking him to remove it and check inside. It was a bird actually. How it could get in there we have no idea. The flute has a vent on the side wall of our house but its holes are no more than 10-12mm wide.