PDA

View Full Version : corel draw convert text to center lines

Keith Colson
04-18-2015, 4:49 AM
Is there an easy way to get the center line of a font? Right now I convert the text to a bitmap and use bitmap->centerline trace. It does work but not very well. I am sure one of you will have a nice easy method to do it.

I guess another option is to get some fonts that are single line fonts rather than outline. Where would I find these for download?

Cheers
Keith

Mike Null
04-18-2015, 7:04 AM
Keith

Roy Brewer of Engraving Concepts offers this tutorial. http://www.engravingconcepts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20&Itemid=67

Chris J Anderson
04-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Keith
Search here and google for cambam fonts. They have some free single line fonts.

Cheers ,
Chris

Keith Colson
04-19-2015, 12:10 AM
Thanks Mike I spent about two hours watching Roy's videos on Youtube Engraving Concepts channel. I learnt a lot but not what I needed. Great videos!

Thanks Chirs I will get some of those stick fonts installed and have a play.

Cheers
Keith

Mike Null
04-19-2015, 6:32 AM
Try converting the fonts to curves then locate the center line.

Bernie Fraser
04-19-2015, 7:42 AM
Have a look at ECut. On his website he compares a Coreldraw centreline example to his own macro with his version doing a much better job. I do have this plugin for Coreldraw and could test it for you if you have a sample font. It will be a day before I could do it though.

Keith Colson
04-20-2015, 12:03 AM
Hi Bernie

That ecut looks pretty good and the price is right too. Removing duplicate lines and the nesting is worth quite a bit for me as I do loads of sign letters. Has anyone tried the nester, it looks like it is not that optimised but I can always tweak the result or not.

Cheers
Keith

Bernie Fraser
04-20-2015, 3:17 AM
I haven't tried the nesting function Keith. I have a vinyl cutter that I use the eCut for and it is great for that with working out price and adding weeding lines. It is a great program with many features, most of which I have not even tried.