PDA

View Full Version : Help with weird label print

David Ragan
04-18-2015, 4:06 AM
Well, It's my favorite time of my week, Saturday AM

Can someone please help me print some labels?

The individual labels are 3x5"

Three vertical for sheet size (individual feed) of 5 wide by 9 long.

C-Line 87647

I just spent an hour trying to do it

Time do cut some wood

Will be checking computer periodically...Thanks!:D

Charlie Velasquez
04-18-2015, 6:04 AM
Maybe this?
http://www.c-lineproducts.com/templates/87647.html

David Ragan
04-18-2015, 6:31 AM
Maybe this?
http://www.c-lineproducts.com/templates/87647.html

That's pretty close, Chris, but I have the actual label, three to a 5 by 9 sheet.

That template is for 8.5 by 11 paper( before I spent the unnecessary $40 on these here labels.......)

How would I set up, maybe the custom Windows PC label printer for this? I tried, and can't figure it out.

Thanks

David Ragan
04-18-2015, 6:57 AM
I mean-Charlie:)

I found the template somehow, but the printer doesn 't recognize the paper size

Grant Wilkinson
04-18-2015, 1:15 PM
What model is your printer?

What application are you trying to print from? In Word, for example, create a custom paper size 5 x 9. On that, create a table, made up of 3 cells in one column. Each cell being 3 x 5.

David Ragan
04-18-2015, 2:23 PM
What model is your printer?

What application are you trying to print from? In Word, for example, create a custom paper size 5 x 9. On that, create a table, made up of 3 cells in one column. Each cell being 3 x 5.

I am using Word and Windows 7, and an HP Office Jet 7500A

Cant get the machine to recognize a 5x9 paper,

I will try again, now that I took a nap.

David Ragan
04-18-2015, 2:58 PM
I finally got it, had to go into the paper size area in preferences, and make the printer think it is printing 5x8 cards.

Grant Wilkinson
04-18-2015, 3:45 PM
David

I found this on the net:

While the driver does not directly provide capability for customer paper sizes you can define them and use them in the Officejet 7500a driver as follows: click Start, Devices and Printers, click once on the Officejet 7500a which will bring up a menu item in the upper row that will allow you to click on Print Server Properties.

Click on Print Server Properties which will open a dialog where you can set a custom form as follows: click on a form size in the Forms box. Next check the "Create a new form" box and type a new name in the "Form name" box. Put in the appropriate sizes for the form, then Save form, Close.

Once you have created a new form it will show up as a choice in the paper settings the next time you open the Officejet 7500a printer properties.

David Ragan
04-18-2015, 4:31 PM
David

I found this on the net:

While the driver does not directly provide capability for customer paper sizes you can define them and use them in the Officejet 7500a driver as follows: click Start, Devices and Printers, click once on the Officejet 7500a which will bring up a menu item in the upper row that will allow you to click on Print Server Properties.

Click on Print Server Properties which will open a dialog where you can set a custom form as follows: click on a form size in the Forms box. Next check the "Create a new form" box and type a new name in the "Form name" box. Put in the appropriate sizes for the form, then Save form, Close.

Once you have created a new form it will show up as a choice in the paper settings the next time you open the Officejet 7500a printer properties.

That worked perfectly--thanks so much, Grant!:)

Grant Wilkinson
04-19-2015, 10:20 AM
You're welcome, David. We both learned something. Win/win. Take care.