PDA

View Full Version : <chuckle> Now I've seen it all...

Dan Hintz
04-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Found this Taiwanese version of the Full Spectrum website... same layout, same products, etc. Make you wonder who's selling what to whom... :p
http://www .anjun.com.tw/fullspectrumlaser_e.jsp

Matt McCoy
04-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Found this Taiwanese version of the Full Spectrum website... same layout, same products, etc. Make you wonder who's selling what to whom... :p
http://www .anjun.com.tw/fullspectrumlaser_e.jsp

Were you not aware that its products are manufactured overseas? I hope you were sitting down while you were browsing this morning. :)

I often read that there are only a handful of Chinese factories that manufacture lasers for companies like FS. Clicking through the ANJUN site, I also see MakerBot, formlabs, ExxonMobile, Solidoodle, etc. Either way, I don't see the downside.

The layouts don't look the same to me:

Dan Hintz
04-17-2015, 1:08 PM
Matt, I'm well aware of where their products are coming from, I just found it amusing a near-direct copy of their site is on the Taiwanese page. If you click on Products on the FSL page, it is practically a 1:1 copy (different colors and such). Even the "Premium Support Package" is the same, word for word. Who copied whom...

Matt McCoy
04-17-2015, 2:03 PM
Matt, I'm well aware of where their products are coming from, I just found it amusing a near-direct copy of their site is on the Taiwanese page. If you click on Products on the FSL page, it is practically a 1:1 copy (different colors and such). Even the "Premium Support Package" is the same, word for word. Who copied whom...

I would guess since the copy for the "Premium Support Package" on the Anjun site is in English and mentions visiting their Las Vegas location for training and support, that FSL originally authored that. Also, it looks like the copyrights on the FSL and Ajun websites are 2011 and 2013, respectively. Perhaps Ajun is an Asian distributor for FSL, MakerBot, formlabs, et al. If so, it's common to lift photos and copy.

Dave Sheldrake
04-17-2015, 5:54 PM
hey Dan, have a look at the beam combiner picture

Put your engineers head on

Then throw up when you notice the slot milling quality ;)

Bert Kemp
04-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I think Dan's considering a FSL 40 watt to back up his Trotec speedy:p