PDA

View Full Version : Official 2015 MLB Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Kent A Bathurst
04-16-2015, 11:05 PM
Verlander is on the DL. Nathan is also. Porcello with the BoSox. Both Fister and Scherzer throwing for the Senators. That is the closer and 4 starters from 2 years ago; closer and 2 Cy Young starters from last year.

What's that mean?

Detroit is 8-1 - best record in MLB. Only one run off the MLB lead for fewest runs allowed. 50 points - Fifty Points - in front of the 2d place team in ERA.

Hot Dang!! Here we go.................... Buy me some peanuts and CrackerJack.............

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/baseball/images/5/5f/DetroitTigersD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060827145235

Bill McNiel
04-16-2015, 11:51 PM
Counting chickens awfully early big boy. Besides, aren't you supposed to be rooting for the Braves?

Chris Damm
04-17-2015, 7:50 AM
You do know the Senators moved to Minnesota decades ago and the Expos moved to Washington to become the Nationals.

Ole Anderson
04-17-2015, 8:43 AM
How did they go from 14th in preseason standings to this? Keeping my fingers crossed. Didn't really pay too much attention until three of my friend's kids were batboys at the same time for the Tigers about 7 years ago. Still golf with the kids.

Paul McGaha
04-17-2015, 9:20 AM
Glad to see someone's playing well.

Hope the Nationals don't dig too big of a hole for themselves. They are currently 4-6.

Not hitting well.

Fielding is terrible, 11 errors in 10 games, hard to watch.

Pitching is hanging in there.

PHM

Pat Barry
04-17-2015, 10:28 AM
I think 3 of the kitties wins came against my Twins and they aren't any powerhouse that's for sure (293 losses past 4 years).

Chris Padilla
04-17-2015, 10:34 AM
Why don't we start an 'Official 2014 MLB Thread' in here? :) My Rockies are in LA for a 3-game series...battle for first place. Atlanta and Colorado are the only two unbeaten teams on the road at 3-0 and 6-0, respectively. :) :)

I think you need a new avatar, Kent. :D

Chris Padilla
04-17-2015, 10:42 AM
I think 3 of the kitties wins came against my Twins and they aren't any powerhouse that's for sure (293 losses past 4 years).

The Twins beat KC twice.

Kent A Bathurst
04-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Counting chickens awfully early big boy. Besides, aren't you supposed to be rooting for the Braves?

Early? Preseason is early. The game is afoot starting with Opening Day. Hope springs eternal, my friend.

"Well, beat the drum and hold the phone,
The sun came out today.
We're born again, there's new grass on the field.............."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04KQydlJ-qc

Lived in Michigan for many years. Saw hundreds of games in Tiger Stadium, including 40+ in '84. Moved to Atlanta - - they have this thing called the "National League". Never heard of it.

Except in '68 and '84 - briefly. :p I vaguely recall a cameo by Nat League teams those years.

BTW - when they demolished Tiger Stadium, I bought a pair of reserved seats - they sit on my patio. On some days, I put on my fitted wool cap, my Whitaker jersey, grab a beer, and go sit in the stands once again, and reminisce about the halcyon days.

You do know the Senators moved to Minnesota decades ago and the Expos moved to Washington to become the Nationals.

Ummm....... You skipped a chunk of history, Chris. The 1901 Senators moved to Minnie-ha-ha in 1960. Replaced by an expansion Senators team in '61, who moved to Arlington in 1971.

My family moved from Michigan to Northern Virginia in August '70. Two months later, the Senators traded the left side of their infield and 2 pitchers to the Tigers for that whack-job Denny Mclain. I had thought I was shut of that character.........but Noooooo....he followed me to DC.

Fortunately, Bob Short took them to Texas after that season.

After that Mclain fiasco, any team in DC will always be the Senators to me.

Kent A Bathurst
04-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Why don't we start an 'Official 2014 MLB Thread' in here? :) My Rockies are in LA for a 3-game series...battle for first place. Atlanta and Colorado are the only two unbeaten teams on the road at 3-0 and 6-0, respectively. :) :)

I think you need a new avatar, Kent. :D

Could we make it the 2015 thread instead??? :eek: :eek:

Whatcha got in mind for the avatar, Chris? I'm known for being open-minded....... :p

Chris Padilla
04-17-2015, 12:49 PM
LOL...fat-fingered the 4 instead of 5. DOH! Yes, I don't want to remember 2014 again...ugh.

How about your Detroit D?

Chris Padilla
04-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Oh, and the NL is where REAL baseball is played with EVERYONE in the field batting.... :D

dennis thompson
04-17-2015, 6:25 PM
I know it's early but my Mets, after too many awful years, are in first place:)

Kent A Bathurst
04-17-2015, 6:35 PM
I know it's early but my Mets, after too many awful years, are in first place:)

Ride the wave, Dennis!! You got it locked, brudda !!!

And - quit reading those articles about A-Rod. That is my resolution this season: Not. One. Word.

Well, except the box scores than the Yanks play the Tigers.

Kent A Bathurst
04-17-2015, 10:57 PM
The first meeting of the OOL [Only One Loss] team's fans has just concluded.

None of you other teams' guys knew it was scheduled because there was no need to tell you.

Some excellent cabernet. Too bad you missed it.

EDIT: Just read this. Sounds promising..........

" .....the last time the Tigers started 9-1, they won the World Series. That was 1984
The previous time the Tigers started 9-1? They won the World Series. That was 1968."

Kent A Bathurst
04-17-2015, 11:00 PM
My favorite MLB trivia question of all time. If you remember this from a few years back [it is a repeat, IIRC] sit on your hands and let the other guys take a swing:

Only one time in all of MLB history has an entire team finished a complete game with the exact same batting average they had before the game started.

Who, when, and why?

Jason Roehl
04-18-2015, 8:13 AM
EDIT: Just read this. Sounds promising..........

" .....the last time the Tigers started 9-1, they won the World Series. That was 1984
The previous time the Tigers started 9-1? They won the World Series. That was 1968."

Be still, my beating heart...

Phil Thien
04-18-2015, 8:18 AM
We're 2-8.

Ugh.

Kent A Bathurst
04-18-2015, 4:05 PM
Sounds promising..........

Ummmmm.............Never Mind................That got ugly in a hurry............. :o :o

Paul McGaha
04-18-2015, 4:09 PM
Bryce Harper hit a 460 foot home run to centerfield today. Set a record for longest home run at Nationals Park.

Too bad bad they lost the game to the Phillies 3-5.

Dang it!

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
04-18-2015, 4:51 PM
Bryce Harper hit a 460 foot home run to centerfield today. Set a record for longest home run at Nationals Park.

Too bad bad they lost the game to the Phillies 3-5.

Dang it!

PHM

Paul, my friend........the Senators exist in DC for only two reasons:

1. To prevent Congress from revoking the anti-trust exemption for MLB. They rattled that sabre for years to force a team to go there - hence the relocation of the Expos, who were actually owned by MLB at the time.
2. To break your heart. Not Cubs-class break your heart, but nonetheless............

Chris Padilla
04-20-2015, 12:41 AM
Ugh...brooms out in LA...UHHHHGGGGLEEEE! :)

Kent A Bathurst
04-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Well, my Tigers came back after yesterday's fiasco.

I am now a HUGE fan of improved international relations with Cuba.

Cespedes had 6 RBI in his first two at bats today............ :eek: :eek:. "Dialed Eight" on both at bats.

Got him in a trade past off season with the BoSox for a pitcher. Porcello who???

10-2, with the best record in MLB.

Rock'n'Roll............

Harold Burrell
04-20-2015, 7:38 AM
Word of Warning:

The Yankees are in Detroit for the next four games. If they lose, I will whine and make excuses.

BUT...If they win...

I will rub your nose in it and gloat. :cool:

Harold Burrell
04-20-2015, 7:42 AM
You didn't quote the whole thing. If I'm not mistaken it goes like this...

The previous time the Tigers started 9-1? They won the World Series. That was 1968.
However, THIS time the Tigers started 9-1...and will probably choke, because...well...that's what they do."

Phil Thien
04-21-2015, 9:30 AM
Hey everyone, how about those Brewers?

2-11.

Kent A Bathurst
04-21-2015, 11:52 AM
You didn't quote the whole thing. If I'm not mistaken it goes like this...

The previous time the Tigers started 9-1? They won the World Series. That was 1968.
However, THIS time the Tigers started 9-1...and will probably choke, because...well...that's what they do."

Gloves are off.

Lessee what the 6-7 Damn Yankees can show us.

Chris Padilla
04-21-2015, 12:41 PM
Hey everyone, how about those Brewers?

2-11.

Makes me think Colorado sweeping them was no big deal...as is apparent the last 4 games. :(

Kent A Bathurst
04-21-2015, 9:27 PM
OK - help me out here - I don't understand this one bit....

When a bullpen pitcher goes to play for the Tigers, is he required to bring his own can of gas to pour on the fire, or does the team issue one to him?

This is deja vu all over again.............

Pat Barry
04-21-2015, 9:42 PM
OK, so if a pitcher paints the corners he's called a Rembrant? Never in my life heard that one before and now that I've heard it everyday for a week or more I'm sick of baseball. Oh, that and the Twins are headed for another 90+ losses for the 5th year in a row.

Kent A Bathurst
04-21-2015, 9:51 PM
...I'm sick of baseball..........the Twins are headed for another 90+ losses for the 5th year in a row.

The Senators. 'Nuff said, Pat.

Oh - except for this bit: The Cubs fans and the Mets fans ain't feeling your pain, ya dig?

Phil Thien
04-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Makes me think Colorado sweeping them was no big deal...as is apparent the last 4 games. :(

On right now, Reds vs. Brewers.

11-5, bottom of the 5th.

Guess who is winning.

Don't overthink it.

Chuck Hart
04-23-2015, 12:17 AM
I thought I would jump in here and raise the flag for Seattle. After we shake off the rust from the rain watch out this team is going to be a contender.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wP0xsgRRprQ/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAD80/yw6fnWEbtzc/s46-c-k-no/photo.jpg

Harold Burrell
04-23-2015, 7:57 AM
Gloves are off.

Lessee what the 6-7 Damn Yankees can show us.

Last night must have been especially painful for you. I offer my sympathies. :p

Tom Stenzel
04-23-2015, 9:16 AM
Last night I tuned in Jim Price and Dan Dickerson to listen to the Tigers- New York game.

I turned it off at the end of the first inning. That one inning left me totally exhausted!

Still haven't looked at the results. Might need hard narcotics to handle it.

-Tom

Brian Tymchak
04-23-2015, 9:30 AM
On right now, Reds vs. Brewers.

11-5, bottom of the 5th.

Guess who is winning.

Don't overthink it.

that was a strange game - 3 grand slams - only the 4th time in MLB history.

Not so strange? - Reds bullpen try to throw away the game... Aside from the closer, Chapman, with a 0.00 ERA, the next lowest ERA in the bullpen is 5+ and goes up to 13+.

Kent A Bathurst
04-23-2015, 9:51 AM
Last night must have been especially painful for you. I offer my sympathies. :p

Pile on - I can take it, and you earned it............ :(

Harold Burrell
04-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Last night I tuned in Jim Price and Dan Dickerson to listen to the Tigers- New York game.

I turned it off at the end of the first inning. That one inning left me totally exhausted!

Still haven't looked at the results. Might need hard narcotics to handle it.

-Tom

Yeah...you don't want to look.

As far as the narcotics are concerned, if Kent won't give you any, I'm sure he can at least let you know where you can get some.

hmmm...Tiger Fans, Drug Addicts. I'm starting to see a pattern here... ;)

Larry Browning
04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
I seem to remember someone saying toward the end of regular season that the Tigers were gonna run away with their division and win it all. I can't seem to remember what happened. How'd that work out Kent????

Tom Stenzel
04-23-2015, 1:51 PM
Yeah...you don't want to look.

As far as the narcotics are concerned, if Kent won't give you any, I'm sure he can at least let you know where you can get some.

hmmm...Tiger Fans, Drug Addicts. I'm starting to see a pattern here... ;)

Looks like I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue.

Kent will share when it comes to beer but that's as far as it goes. :p

Tigers are winning 1-0 right now, we gluttons for punishment never give up hope.

-Tom

Harold Burrell
04-23-2015, 2:22 PM
I'm writing a book. Tell me what you think...

"The NY Yankees, along with their unprecedented and seemingly unapproachable 27 World Championships, look to approach the 2015 season in a different manner. Tired of the negative press and the "bad blood" that has seemed to grow over the past several decades, brought on by their winning ways, the Yanks look to change all of that by allowing some other team to rise to the forefront. The generous and oh so benevolent Yankees spent VERY little this off season in the hopes of letting the other teams catch up.

One of the especially hopeful teams...over-flowing with talent, in fact...is the Detroit Tigers.

Unfortunately (at least early on) it does not appear that the Tigers got the memo. As hard as the NY Yankees try to LET the Tigers win, they just seem to continue to flounder..."

That's all I have so far.

Kent A Bathurst
04-23-2015, 3:19 PM
I seem to remember someone saying toward the end of regular season that the Tigers were gonna run away with their division and win it all. I can't seem to remember what happened. How'd that work out Kent????

Larry, my friend.

Memory is an odd thing. All I can remember from last year is the Tiger's bullpen carrying their personal, monogrammed, cans of gas to the mound in the postseason..............

Kent A Bathurst
04-23-2015, 3:20 PM
Looks like I picked a bad week to give up sniffing glue.

Roger, Roger.

Kent A Bathurst
04-23-2015, 3:21 PM
That's all I have so far.

In your outline, how many chapters on the A-ROd soap opera?

Kent A Bathurst
04-23-2015, 4:24 PM
ARRRRRRGHHH !!!!!!

OK, Harold...........take yer best shot. I'm ready.

Miller was ours, but we traded him to Marlins for Miggy, and he finally ended up with TDY [The Damn Yankees]. Hard to gripe...........I guess........he mowed down the heart of our batting order in the 9th.

At least it wasn't a sweep..........otherwise, I'd'uv had to send you my LN #140, right?

You guys are really raining on my parade, or urinating in my Cheerios, or whatever cliche you care to use..........

Harold Burrell
04-23-2015, 6:21 PM
I'd'uv had to send you my LN #140, right?

You do that and I will become a Tiger fan forever.

My wife is from MI, after all....

Kent A Bathurst
04-23-2015, 6:55 PM
You do that and I will become a Tiger fan forever.

See? SEE?? Just how fickle TDY fans are? Buncha living-in-the-past front-runners, that's what youse guys are............

:p :p

Chris Padilla
04-23-2015, 11:23 PM
NL West is getting all knotted up. Rox sweep SF at SF...then get swept in LA. SF just swept LA in SF. Rox managed to split at Coors with SD to end their 5-game skid with a modest 2-game streak...SF in town next.

It is a long season, right?! :D

Kent A Bathurst
04-23-2015, 11:26 PM
It is a long season, right?! :D

Yep. Sparky said it best: The best teams lose 1/3 of their games. The worst teams win 1/3 of their games. We play 162 games to sort out that middle 1/3.

Harold Burrell
04-24-2015, 7:29 AM
See? SEE?? Just how fickle TDY fans are? Buncha living-in-the-past front-runners, that's what youse guys are............

Oh, no! We are not fickle. But we are not stupid either! ;)

dennis thompson
04-24-2015, 4:36 PM
11 in a row for my Mets! Tonight DeGrom for the Mets against Pinada for the Yankees, what more can a Met fan ask for?

Chris Padilla
04-24-2015, 4:42 PM
Oh no...a Met fan. I was wondering when one of 'em would show and gloat! :D LOL

Kent A Bathurst
04-24-2015, 4:47 PM
Oh no...a Met fan. I was wondering when one of 'em would show and gloat! :D LOL

Have a heart, Chris..........How often in his lifetime have the Mets fans had any reason to gloat?

Give him his - fleeting - moment in the sun.

A subway series against TDY - I'm rooting for 'em.

Harold Burrell
04-24-2015, 5:36 PM
A subway series against TDY - I'm rooting for 'em.

Dude...SERIOUSLY???

That's it. I'm ramping up my correspondences with your tools. :cool:

Harold Burrell
04-24-2015, 5:38 PM
11 in a row for my Mets!

So...the owner of the Mets posts here.

My condolences, sir.

;)

Kent A Bathurst
04-24-2015, 5:58 PM
Dude...SERIOUSLY???

That's it. I'm ramping up my correspondences with your tools. :cool:

You come into my house, trash me, and then get jacked up because I want your opponent to win?

Yeah - SERIOUSLY. :D

Harold Burrell
04-24-2015, 6:03 PM
You come into my house, trash me, and then get jacked up because I want your opponent to win?

Yeah - SERIOUSLY. :D

Your house? Do you mean you actually LIVE in this thread?

Are you like Tron or something? :p

Kent A Bathurst
04-24-2015, 6:38 PM
Your house? Do you mean you actually LIVE in this thread?

Are you like Tron or something? :p

Comerica Park, wise guy, where you just took 3 of 4 and positively filleted most of our pitching staff ;) ......or, here at my house in Atlanta, on the patio where the reserved seats are - the quintessence of Tiger Stadium.

Someday, I will tell you about the time I had my name in lights on the centerfield scoreboard in Yankee Stadium. True story. And Jack Morris and the Tigers slaughtered TDY that night.......And yet, I still had Yankee fans and Mets fans buying my beer that night........I am not making any of this up.

You ain't fooling with Double-A ball here, brudda. Bring the heat. I can fight off the inside pitch with the best of them.

Oh - then there was the time I was wearing my fitted wool Tigers cap in the line at the beer stand at Kauffman Stadium, with the Tigers playing the Royals. By the time I got to the beer stand, I had KC fans buying my beer.

Or the time in Comiskey Park where I swear Jack Morris was trying to kill me..........and he came pretty darn close.

I got a hard slider no one can hit. :D

Go Mets!!!

Harold Burrell
04-24-2015, 9:00 PM
Go Mets!!!

I think I like you cheering for the other team. So far it has been the "kiss of death".

6-1 Yanks in the 7th...

:p

Kent A Bathurst
04-25-2015, 11:57 PM
I think I like you cheering for the other team. So far it has been the "kiss of death".

NYM 8 @ NYY 2

CLE 1 @ DET 4

The planets are realigned.

Chris Padilla
04-27-2015, 2:07 PM
Rox are ranked 11 in the PR on MLB.com. I'll take it. NL West is bunching up...no one wants it. :D Rox travel to Snake territory where they've traditionally been bitten, poisened, and squeezed to death. Let's hope for better play the first series there this season.

Kent A Bathurst
04-27-2015, 2:41 PM
Good luck in Snake Land.........

Tigers have gotten healthy v Indians - not without a bit of drama.

I don't know how many, if any, of you are up to speed on the Tiger's SS - Iglesias. He was out all last year with fractures in both shins.

He's back - in a big way. If you want to see some stuff that you would swear is not possible - go to MLB dot com, videos, search for him. With apologies to 'Nique in his heyday - this kid really is a Human Highlight Reel.

Chris Padilla
04-27-2015, 4:45 PM
I'll do that if you check out Nolan Arenado's acrobats at 3rd base. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytOUlwpqJk

Thank goodness for padded rails or he'd be out for the rest of the season!

Kent A Bathurst
04-27-2015, 6:01 PM
I'll do that if you check out Nolan Arenado's acrobats at 3rd base. :)

Yeah, Chris - I had seen that.

The catch was incredible, but the best part, for me......He came up firing to try for the double play...way cool.

Chris Padilla
04-27-2015, 6:54 PM
Yep...he was totally cognizant of the tag-up and fired it to off to third. Can you imagine if he had made the double play?! Whoop! Whoop! :)

Kent A Bathurst
04-27-2015, 9:28 PM
There's a reason those kids play in the major leagues, and you and I make sawdust. The annual compensation is pretty much equal, though. :p

I gotta think that, when they get to my age, they could learn to make sawdust, but I guaran-doddarn-tee you, there was never an age at which I coulda played big-league ball.

Chris Padilla
04-28-2015, 1:39 AM
Okay, a nice start out in The Desert: 5-4 the Rockies survive a nice comeback from The Snakes.

Brian Tymchak
04-28-2015, 8:34 AM
Well, Looks like I might get more time in the shop this spring and summer than usual, 'cause it sure is painful to watch the Reds right now.... No way to sugarcoat it. The Reds bull pen just Stinks..

Tom Stenzel
04-28-2015, 8:44 AM
BTW - when they demolished Tiger Stadium, I bought a pair of reserved seats - they sit on my patio. On some days, I put on my fitted wool cap, my Whitaker jersey, grab a beer, and go sit in the stands once again, and reminisce about the halcyon days.

I remember going on a first date to Tiger Stadium.

Some people go to Tiger Stadium and come home with reserved seats. I came home with a wife! ;)

We were at the park when the (AFAIK) the last inside the park home run was hit. I won't tell you who hit it but as a hint his initials were Bobby Higginson.

I worked in beautiful scenic Delray for 32 years, just a hop skip and jump from Corktown. More than once a couple of coworkers and I would take a 1/2 day vacation on a Thursday afternoon and catch a game.

We couldn't be at Tiger Stadium's last game but we did make it to the final home stand (3rd from last game). I remember then looking at the layout of Comerica park and pointing out that the same seats that we were in would be 125 feet further away from home plate at Comerica. Bring the binoculars.

Comerica park is pretty to look at but for watching the game not so hot. The lower bowl is so shallow that someone standing up 5 rows ahead blocks your view. Once the whole family had to abandon the game in the 4th inning, our seats were too hot to sit in (3rd base line lower level). My favorite seats are the ones the the fund raisers sell: upper level along the first base line sections 321 and 322.

I'm confused. Just why are we talking about baseball when the playoffs are on?

-Tom

Kent A Bathurst
04-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Tom -

COmpany I worked for had 4 reserved seats - 3d row, upper level, between home & first. Pay attention when LH is throwing to RH batter - the foul balls are coming right at you. But those seats were excellent - sitting right on top of the field.

Catty-corner across Mich & Trumbull was a gravel parking lot. Over a few years, we worked out a deal with the guy working there: The Prime Spot - first slot facing the street, you could lock it and keep the keys. He would hold that spot for us until the middle of the 1st inning. We would come screaming to a stop, park the car, pay the fee, give him an additional $10 + beers leftover from the ride from the office :eek:, and be in the seats in about 3 minutes. Saw about 50 games in '84.

Harold Burrell
04-29-2015, 6:14 PM
The Yankees are in first place in the AL East.

I am not saying that because I wish to infuriate or offend, but only because this may very well be the only time I get to say it all season. ;)

mike mcilroy
04-29-2015, 7:11 PM
My Indians must have been happy with 3rd last year. Their biggest signing was a pitcher who only pitched a couple of months the last 2 seasons. He missed last season with a broken elbow and then broke the elbow in preseason. 6 1/2 back after 3 weeks. I've been waiting for MLB season since the Leafs crapped out in Dec. I'm not usually ready for the Browns until late Aug, early Sept. I know its early but there has been no evidence in my lifetime 67-? that optimism will pay off.

Jim Creech
04-30-2015, 9:25 AM
I don't believe it! Five pages and no one has mentioned the best all around organization in MLB! Orioles fan and proud of it. Shame they had to play yesterday with no fans allowed. Civil unrest is not a good thing.

Kent A Bathurst
04-30-2015, 10:10 AM
I don't believe it! Five pages and no one has mentioned the best all around organization in MLB!

Nobody wanted to work your side of the street, Jim. Join in the fun..........

Kent A Bathurst
04-30-2015, 10:15 AM
The Yankees are in first place in the AL East.

I am not saying that because I wish to infuriate or offend, but only because this may very well be the only time I get to say it all season. ;)

Your man A-Rod did great yesterday - bottom of the 13th, down by 1, and............GIDP.

Nice, efficient job of killing the rally. And - capped off a perfect oh-fer: 0-6 at the plate. :p

Tom Stenzel
04-30-2015, 10:37 AM
It's unfortunate but true - the Wings have been knocked out of the playoffs.

So I guess I can join in now. Um, what were you guys talking about again?

:)

-Tom

Jim Creech
04-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Nobody wanted to work your side of the street, Jim. Join in the fun..........

That's the story of my life but it's OK....I would like to join in more but I get to watch very little baseball so I don't believe I could keep up. I'm not even familiar with some of the guys on the O's roster this year much less anyone elses. That being said, at the end of the season there can be only one...and it will probably be someone no one is expecting. Until then enjoy the games and keep it fun!

Chris Padilla
04-30-2015, 5:16 PM
the Wings have been knocked out of the playoffs.

Never heard of that MLB team. ;)

My Rocks stunk it up in the Desert but came away with at least one win in the series. Now onto to SD where I hope things go better.

Chris Padilla
04-30-2015, 5:19 PM
I don't believe it! Five pages and no one has mentioned the best all around organization in MLB!

Only two pages here but I adjusted my "posts per page" to the software max of 40. :D

Harold Burrell
04-30-2015, 8:43 PM
Your man A-Rod...

He does not belong to me.

Kent A Bathurst
05-03-2015, 8:21 PM
Hot Damn!!

The Royals grabbed the lure, and stripped a lot of line in the first two games, but the Tigers reeled them back in in the last two. We are back on top of the Central!!

Harold Burrell
05-04-2015, 9:01 AM
We are back on top of the Central!!

zzzzzzzz.....

Kent A Bathurst
05-04-2015, 2:41 PM
zzzzzzzz.....

Harold!! Dude!! Wake up fer cryin' out loud!.

TDY just swept a 3-games series in Boston. Kinda rare feat, that.

Harold Burrell
05-04-2015, 3:14 PM
Harold!! Dude!! Wake up fer cryin' out loud!.

TDY just swept a 3-games series in Boston. Kinda rare feat, that.

Rare? Nah.

Unexpected? Yes.

Chris Padilla
05-04-2015, 5:18 PM
Below 500...ugh.... :(

Chris Padilla
05-06-2015, 10:47 PM
7-game losing streak. Lovely. :(

Paul McGaha
05-07-2015, 4:13 AM
The Nationals are playing a little better lately. 7-3 in their last 10 games. 1 game under 500 now at 14-15. 4 1/2 games behind the Mets. Hope it lasts a while.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
05-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Welcome to the big leagues, Chapter 6,394:

Early today, KC called up reliever Yohan Pino for the series in Detroit. KC and Detroit are tied going into the bottom of the ninth. Pino gets into his first big league game.

First pitch - a double.

Second pitch - a bunt down 3d base line.

Pino fields it, and makes a throw in the general compass direction of 1st. Guy on 2d scores on a - what is this play called - a walk-off error?

Pina's line score says 2 pitches, 2 strikes, 2 hits, 0 outs, 1 unearned run, 1 error. And - his ERA is 0.0. Plus, he gets the L. And...........now Tigers are up by 1/2 game over the Royals.

Welcome to the big leagues, kid. Not the kind of unforgettable first major league game you would want to have.

Here's a statistics question for you: If he had surrendered a HR to the first batter, how would his ERA be calculated? Doesn't seem like it could be 27.0, because he had no outs. Infinity?

Harold Burrell
05-09-2015, 7:12 AM
Here's a statistics question for you: If he had surrendered a HR to the first batter, how would his ERA be calculated? Doesn't seem like it could be 27.0, because he had no outs. Infinity?

In that case his ERA would be the Early Retirement Award.

Chris Padilla
05-11-2015, 4:15 PM
I really need a crying emoticon....

Kent A Bathurst
05-11-2015, 5:47 PM
I really need a crying emoticon....

I'm with you - just be sure to have the critter wearing a Detroit Lions jersey - that one will be in vogue for eons...........

Kent A Bathurst
05-12-2015, 6:40 PM
The Futility Bowl - Game 2

Mets @ Cubs tonite. 4-game series.

What matchup could incite more yawns that that?

Kent A Bathurst
05-14-2015, 5:36 PM
This how you turn a double-play..........that Iglesis kid is going to have many years in the highlight reel...

http://m.mlb.com/video/v115080783/mindet-iglesias-kinsler-turn-a-smooth-double-play/?adbid=598932465349046272&amp%3Badbpl=tw&amp%3Badb pr=18479513&amp%3BpartnerId=as_mlb_20150514_458110 16&amp%3Bshort_code=2zso8

Chris Padilla
05-14-2015, 7:03 PM
Yep.... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mxEf205z90

Kent A Bathurst
05-14-2015, 7:45 PM
Yep.... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mxEf205z90

Chris - a work of art, to me. The turn for two at second has always been a combination of art, acrobatics, gymnastics, and pure athleticism for me.

Which, of course, is why the Tigers jersey I have says on the back: Whitaker 1

The nineteen years - NINETEEN - that he spent with Alan Trammel at the corner on the field, at The Corner [Michigan and Trumbull] were amazing.

You can post all of those that you want - I love'em.

Tell me this, though - I am a bit if a technical Luddite - how do you pull a segment of an on-line clip, and then how do you embed it directly into the post?

Chris Padilla
05-15-2015, 12:26 AM
One can get lost with all the highlight reals of incredible D! Love it love it love it!!

Here is the secret to directly embedding video footage...simple even for you. ;)

Click and fill in the window that pops up.

Kent A Bathurst
05-15-2015, 12:53 AM
...simple even for you. ;)

You mis-over-estimate me, Chris - a bar that you would trip over is often a bar too high for me.

We will see, though - thanks...........

Chris Padilla
05-15-2015, 11:15 AM
F I N A L L Y !!!!!! The losing streak is halted...in LA...with a nice 3-run jack in the top o' the 9th by a guy riding a major slump along with the team.

WHEW!

Let's hope it is the harbringer of better things to come. One game at a time...one game at a time.... :)

Paul McGaha
05-22-2015, 10:09 PM
The Nationals are 18-4 in their last 22 games. It's been a great May. Hoping it lasts.

Chris Padilla
05-27-2015, 3:08 PM
Rockies are playing marginally better since snapping the losing streak and they are 3 outs from taking the series over the Reds in Cincy.

John A langley
05-27-2015, 4:17 PM
Nobody wants to talk about Kansas City I think Kent there in first place right now Although they have gotten beat up in the last two games by the Yankees but I think they have the best record overall in baseball right now nobody's talking about last years playoffs Kansas City lost the World Series by one runs in the seventh game , the way the All-Star voting is going right now works like Kansas City to five guys starting lineup I take that best record back I just looked

Kent A Bathurst
05-27-2015, 4:30 PM
John - I am keeping my head down until the Tigers get their stuff together.

Too many OMG games lately.

Like last night - Price won a 1-0 game which is good, but the offense was single, steal, advance on the throw, score on a sacrifice - the first 2 batters of the game. That was it. All done.

Can't live on that stuff............

Chris Padilla
05-31-2015, 1:20 AM
The Rox have been crushing the long ball lately...lottsa solo shots but doing well. Took the first two from Philly, who ain't doing all that well but still gotta win the games! :)

Chris Padilla
06-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Top of the 9th. Bases loaded. 2 outs. 2 strikes. Rockies leading the Dodgers 8-5. Grand Salami. Dodgers lead 9-8. The Rockies get a man all the way to third base in the bottom of the 9th and can't get him home. Dodgers win 9-8. CRUSHING.

John A langley
06-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Chris being a Bay area person you don't root for the Giants

Chris Padilla
06-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Nope. I'm originally from Colorado and so an ALL-Colorado sports fan. :D However, I've been in the BA almost twice as long as I lived in Colorado but I just can't convert. :p

John A langley
06-04-2015, 8:39 AM
Chris Glad to see your guys beat the Dodgers my favorite National League team is anybody who's playing the Dodgers.

Chris Padilla
06-04-2015, 4:32 PM
Yes! They came back from the previous night's crushing loss and gave it back to the Dodgers and winning with a walk-off in the 9th. They split the 4-game series but were oh so close to taking it 3-1. Still, they are playing much better baseball after that 11-game losing streak.

Kent A Bathurst
06-04-2015, 4:51 PM
I suspect that the Tigers' self-immolation is real, not just a product of my drug-induced fantasy world, correct?

If I just dump out the rest of my morphine derivatives, does that guarantee they get better? Or - do I need to keep taking them to mask the pain of reality?

Chris Padilla
06-04-2015, 5:32 PM
I'll break it to you gently, Kent:

The Tigers are on fire but not the good kind. 2 Ws in their last 10 games. Ouch.

;)

Kent A Bathurst
06-04-2015, 5:46 PM
Chris - thanks. lots.

It's a dumpster fire - their signature move - but usually they wait until after the All-Star break.........And JV is about to come back. Yeah. RIght. You seen the latest photos of Kate Upton? Would YOU come back to play ball, while the paychecks are coming in, and Kate is coming over? I sure as hell wouldn't. No freakin' way.

I am grinding up my oxy stuff to use in place of salt on the rim of the margaritas. C'mon over - I'm bartending.

Chris Padilla
06-04-2015, 6:28 PM
Kate who? Does she 'play ball' ?

I might just buy what yer sellin' over the bar there. Beer nuts, too? :D

John A langley
06-04-2015, 7:04 PM
Kent you could start rooting for the Kansas City Royals at least until you lose the painkillers

Kent A Bathurst
06-04-2015, 7:37 PM
Kent you could start rooting for the Kansas City Royals at least until you lose the painkillers

Will consider any team outside the division, John..........:D

Harold Burrell
06-04-2015, 8:20 PM
Will consider any team outside the division, John..........:D

I have gone ahead and put your application in for Yankee fan. You don't have to thank me.

John A langley
06-04-2015, 9:35 PM
Harold do you thinkYankees really deserve that

Kent A Bathurst
06-05-2015, 8:08 AM
I have gone ahead and put your application in for Yankee fan. You don't have to thank me.

I still owe you the story about my trip to Tiger's game in Yankee Stadium in the late 1980's...............too long to work through it until I get more keyboard skills back in pocket, though.

Kent A Bathurst
06-05-2015, 8:11 AM

John - that is just cold. You and I must be the only 2 here who know what the phrase "Don't Overlook Overbrook" means, and here you are trashing me and my team, dude.....:mad:

Harold Burrell
06-05-2015, 8:35 AM

The Yankees do not fear the "Kent Karma".

(However...please note that when an application has been submitted for Yankee Fan-ness, that the status is granted with a probationary provision.)

John A langley
06-05-2015, 8:46 AM
I guess it is pretty cold considering I hate the Yankees ,I'm hoping the Detroit and Kansas City make it interesting this year right now both Detroit and Kansas City are struggling when I lived in New York and the Dodgers and Giants moved out we had the Mets and Yankees so I became a Mets fan I moved to the West Coast The Padres were a farm club at the time when became a National League team I had season tickets i'm having a hard time becoming an American league fan The sad part of this is two years after I moved to the West Coast the Mets won the world Series couple years after I moved to the Midwest the Padres won the World Series . I suppose I should've waited until you were fully recovered before I picked on you

John A langley
06-05-2015, 8:47 AM
By the way the train at Overbrook is gone

Kent A Bathurst
06-05-2015, 9:03 AM
By the way the train at Overbrook is gone

that right there sucks.

one of the great Flint Hills artifacts.

How about the antique tractor collection in the pasture on 56 Highway just west from there?

John A langley
06-05-2015, 9:11 AM
Not sure about the tractors all have to look next time

Kent A Bathurst
06-05-2015, 9:41 AM
.......I suppose I should've waited until you were fully recovered before I picked on you.........

Screw that noise. Bring the heat - I am, by birth, tough Kansas farm stock. ;)

John A langley
06-05-2015, 1:40 PM
Make up your mind one post your Crying, hello next one you told me to keep To keep the heat up,maybe we better get back on track with baseball

Kent A Bathurst
06-05-2015, 1:45 PM
Make up your mind one post your Crying, hello next one you told me to keep To keep the heat up,maybe we better get back on track with baseball

Harold Burrell
06-05-2015, 9:24 PM
...I hate the Yankees...

And it is my understanding that they are not very fond of you. :p

John A langley
06-05-2015, 9:58 PM
Probably not the only one

Kent A Bathurst
06-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Chris -

What the heck is up with the Rockies?

Just looked at a few stats........their runs scored is #4 in NL.........but they have given up 38 more than scored!!!

that's not in the same class as Sox/Sox/Phillies, but still.....your pitching that bad, eh? Everyone seems to light them up......

Your Tulo SS guy is still plowing through film in the highlight reels...........like watching him play. I love great defense......

Chris Padilla
06-17-2015, 11:06 AM
They are quite frustrating of late. Just when I think they've turned a corner (taking 2 of 3 from the Cards), they lay an egg on the road in Miami and Houston. The fish seem to have their number for some odd reason. Pitching is usually the culprit and mostly in the bullpen but overall, pitching is typically their issue. The only thing consistent about them is their inconsistency. SIGH

Larry Browning
06-17-2015, 11:46 AM
And it is my understanding that they are not very fond of you. :p
All you Yankee lovers out there (you know who you are) read the book written about my son's battle with the Yankees. It's called Pinstripe Defection and you can find it at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Pinstripe-Defection-Attorneys-Battle-Yankees/dp/0615416551/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434556746&sr=8-1&keywords=pinstripe+defection.
Yeah, the Yankees are a fine upstanding organization (NOT!).

Larry Browning
06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
OMG! Just as I had completely given up on my Rangers for another year, I see they are in second place in the AL West, right behind Houston!. Is the moon out of alignment again?

Paul McGaha
06-18-2015, 4:52 PM
Well, last night the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Washington Nationals 5-0.

The Nationals gave up (2) solo home runs for the first 2 runs, the 3rd run came via an error from our shortstop (his 15th of the year), the 4th and 5th runs came on a bunt that turned into a little league home run with the help of 2 throwing errors by the Nationals. It was raining pretty hard at the time.

The Nationals actually had more errors (3) than hits (2). Not exactly their finest hour.

At least it only counts as one loss.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
06-18-2015, 6:02 PM
Paul - yeah, you rarely see an inside-the-park-home-run bunt. :D I didn't look, but with those 2 errors, I have to assume he did not get credit for a hit, much less an RBI.

Meanwhile, In Cincinnati, The Tigers lost on a two-out-walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 13th.

Jeeezzzzzz, guys - throw the game in the 9th and go home, eh? rather than sticking around all that time to get two outs, three men on base, and then groove one. OTOH - maybe that's what the bullpen decided to do: "Let's get the hell out of here, and go back to the bar at the hotel".

Chris Padilla
06-18-2015, 6:03 PM
Paul,

And the previous day for Washington, they plated 16 runs! Baseball is a strange game...you never know what is going to happen game to game. I love it!!

Paul McGaha
06-18-2015, 6:22 PM
Paul,

And the previous day for Washington, they plated 16 runs! Baseball is a strange game...you never know what is going to happen game to game. I love it!!

Yeah, that's true Chris. We'll see what happens tonight. I hope they can get the game played, there's more rain in the area. Last night's game was really rainy.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
06-18-2015, 6:46 PM
Paul,

As Sparky once said:

The best teams lose 1/3 of their games.

The worst teams win 1/3 of their games.

We play 162 games to sort out the middle 1/3.

Chris Padilla
06-19-2015, 4:46 PM
Smart fella that Sparky. Before the Rockies came into being, the Reds were my team since I could hold a baseball.

Kent A Bathurst
06-19-2015, 5:18 PM
Smart fella that Sparky. Before the Rockies came into being, the Reds were my team since I could hold a baseball.

Man - I loved Sparky.

I freely admit - life was a lot more entertaining those few years Billy was the manager - you never knew what you were going to wake up to in the paper.......like the time he and Rozema got in a fight at the Lindell AC: Knocked Rosie off the bar stool, and he had to get stitches in his butt when he hit the floor and the pint of bourbon in his hip pocket broke...........Meanwhile his drinking buddy Gibby was just sitting there on the next bar stool, watching it all unfold. The halcyon days.:D

But Sparky could run the team. And speak some language. Met him once - true story - standing at a urinal in Schuler's Restaurant in Marshall. The Tigers were on their spring promo caravan around the state. Sparky pulled into the urinal next to me. Double take. Waited until after handwashes to talk to him.....

Because of him, I have a hard time getting annoyed at the Reds - like when they just teed off on us. Thank God yesterday got rained out - The Reds were on a roll, and would have buried us again......

I even understood when Sparky wanted the Reds uniform on in the HOF.

Kent A Bathurst
06-20-2015, 5:12 PM
Chris -

Error on the pigeon?

too funny................

Paul McGaha
06-20-2015, 6:26 PM
Max Scherzer no hits the Pirates today. He threw a 1 hitter in his last game. Such a good pitcher.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
06-20-2015, 6:32 PM
Ohhh..NOOOOOOO!!!

Perfect game

two outs in the 9th.

2-2 count and........

SHERZER HITS THE BATTER!!!

Ohhhh....NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

And strikes out the next guy...................

That's right up there with Galarraga's non-perfect game for the Tigers.........

Paul McGaha
06-20-2015, 8:54 PM
It looked to me like an odd way to get hit by a pitch Kent. He was watching it all the way, and fed his arm right into it. Kind of like a bunt but with his arm. Absolutely intentional on the batters part.

I'm sure you've seen it by now. ESPN is sure talking about it.

PHM

Jason Roehl
06-21-2015, 8:50 AM
It looked to me like an odd way to get hit by a pitch Kent. He was watching it all the way, and fed his arm right into it. Kind of like a bunt but with his arm. Absolutely intentional on the batters part.

I'm sure you've seen it by now. ESPN is sure talking about it.

PHM

That's sure what it looked like to me.

I'm sure (hope) the Tigers' management is banging their heads against the wall.

Kent A Bathurst
06-21-2015, 4:35 PM
I'm sure (hope) the Tigers' management is banging their heads against the wall.

Not really. They offered Max 4 years x $144mm, and rumor had it they bumped that a bit late in the negotiations, but they would not go 6 years with a 30 year old pitcher, and they were not going near $210mm. Max had the force of his convictions, and played out his walk year, betting he could cash in, and he did.

It was a business decision - time will tell on the Senator's decision in 4 years. In the meantime, in the next 2 years they have some big guns going on the market, and they won't be able to afford to keep them all. But - they made a business decision to throw in on Max, looking for a missing piece for the run this year and next, knowing that they might get only 4 years out of the 6........or, maybe he is the Second Coming of Walter, Satchel, Warren, Smoltz, and Cy, and pitches forever..........

Same with Detroit...They have a lot of big-money guys up for grabs this year and the next, so they made a business decision. Max did great for us, and everyone is happy he is doing well - - in a different league so we don't have to stare down the barrel of that cannon.

If Det market was like TDY or Dodger's revenue, different story........

In the meantime......

Hallelujah!!! We teed off on TDY today....now it's time to GTHOOD [get the hell out of dodge] in a hurry.........

Harold Burrell
06-21-2015, 4:49 PM
Hallelujah!!! We teed off on TDY today...

Hey...yeah...1 out of 3 ain't bad. ;)

Kent A Bathurst
06-21-2015, 5:50 PM
Hey...yeah...1 out of 3 ain't bad. ;)

We got outscored by what - 87 to 24? - in three games.

Can't nobody around here pitch?

Chris Padilla
06-23-2015, 2:46 PM
I can pitch a fit with the best of 'em...and pigeons. :D

Seems every time the Rox get within sniffing distance of mediocre (.500), they decide to start a losing streak. Ugh.

They took 2 out of 3 against the Brewers but that isn't saying much. The Snakes in town now.

Chris Padilla
06-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Wow! Took Game 1 from the snakes. A mini 3-game winning streak at home has suddenly shown up. Wonders never cease. :D

Kent A Bathurst
06-25-2015, 5:45 PM
And.......

Yet Another Dumpster Fire, brought to you courtesy of the Usual Suspects - aka The Detroit Tiger's Bullpen.

How in the name of Willie Hernandez do you give up three runs - at home - in the top of the 10th? To the worst team in your division, no less?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT: Awwww....Jeeez - it is even worse than it sounds. Joba pitches the 10th: walk, HBP, infield single. The coup de grace - a two-out bases loaded triple.

Can't anybody here play this game? Or - at least - find the goldarn plate? Before he loads them up?

John A langley
06-25-2015, 6:21 PM
K C is playing well Kent look up Dunny Hoy & Dunny Luther Taytor interested

Chris Padilla
06-25-2015, 6:42 PM
The Rox took a 7-5 lead into the 9th at home and lost 8-7. A couple walks, a couple bloops and before ya know it, it's a 3-spot in the top of the 9th. UGH.

Today, they took a 6-2 lead into the 9th at home..................and won it 6-4. UGH. Well, they took the series at least. Whew! :)

Kent A Bathurst
06-25-2015, 6:55 PM
K C is playing well Kent look up Dunny Hoy & Dunny Luther Taytor interested

With all possible respect, as due to a fellow Creeker that lives along the venerated 56 Highway in Eastern Kansas............

I could not care less what the Royals are doing, while I am a half-dozen games in their rearview..........

John A langley
06-25-2015, 7:15 PM
Just a statement of fact Kent I will refrain from gloating until The end of the season I will be able to or won't able too

Paul McGaha
06-28-2015, 3:54 AM
Dang, the Cardinals have already won 50 games.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
06-28-2015, 6:41 PM
It figgers.

Tigers down 0-4 to ChiSox after 7. I dropped it and moved onto something more interesting.

And - 4 in the 8th, and a walk-off in the ninth to win it 5-4.

siiiighhh..

Bob Turkovich
06-28-2015, 9:04 PM
After a weekend of watching the grandkids (as my son & DIL were out-of-town for a Kenny Wayne Shepard concert), my first thoughts were: "I wonder if Kent stuck it out?"

I need to get a life...

Kent A Bathurst
06-29-2015, 2:11 PM
After a weekend of watching the grandkids (as my son & DIL were out-of-town for a Kenny Wayne Shepard concert), my first thoughts were: "I wonder if Kent stuck it out?"

I need to get a life...

me first............

my life 100% sux at the moment

rt arm in sling 3 more wks

type left index finger only...

you guys are great, but you are the only outsiders i talk to most days and you are getting boring as hell......... :D :D

John A langley
06-29-2015, 5:25 PM
Kansas City Royals are still playing well and tell us how you really feel I am sorry you have three more weeks of the sling then I'm guessing you have PT that's pain and torture

Chris Padilla
06-29-2015, 5:51 PM
I'm skipping out of work early today and will be headed to the Oakland Coliseum with a buddy to watch some interleague play between my Rockies and the A's. I'm looking forward to my $8 beer and $8 hot dog. Mmmmmmmm....

John A langley
06-29-2015, 6:27 PM
Hope the Rockies have as much luck with the A as Kansas City did

Kent A Bathurst
06-29-2015, 6:43 PM
I'm skipping out of work early today and will be headed to the Oakland Coliseum with a buddy to watch some interleague play between my Rockies and the A's. I'm looking forward to my $8 beer and $8 hot dog. Mmmmmmmm....

Bogart supposedly said:

"A hot dog at the ballpark is better than a steak at a fine restaurant."

I agree - as long as it is a dog in the seats from a vendor, extra mustard....

Paul McGaha
06-29-2015, 7:11 PM
National's Park has chili dogs from a local place named Ben's Chilli Bowl:

http://benschilibowl.com/

I can't tell you how unbelievably good those things are.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
06-29-2015, 8:00 PM
National's Park has chili dogs from a local place named Ben's Chilli Bowl:

http://benschilibowl.com/

I can't tell you how unbelievably good those things are.

PHM

no doubt, brudda....

but there are certain traditions which must be uphel.............. oooops. my mistake. the traditions of DC baseball are losing and leaving town.

never mind. carry on.

:D :D :D

Paul McGaha
06-29-2015, 8:07 PM
no doubt, brudda....

but there are certain traditions which must be uphel.............. oooops. my mistake. the traditions of DC baseball are losing and leaving town.

never mind. carry on.

:D :D :D

If I ever get you up here Kent it's one of the places we can go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vQ7wQ80Aik

Chris Padilla
06-30-2015, 1:25 PM
Wow the Rockies stink. :( Pitching woes coupled with strangled bats leads to overconsumption of park fare. Ugh...this team is going to give me an ulcer. :)

Chris Padilla
06-30-2015, 1:27 PM
BTW, one could put up a roomy shop in the foul ball area at the Oakland Coliseum. ;)

Kent A Bathurst
06-30-2015, 5:10 PM
Wow the Rockies stink. :( Pitching woes coupled with strangled bats leads to overconsumption of park fare. Ugh...this team is going to give me an ulcer. :)

jeeeezzz....

just checked out the game. your pitchers do not screw around, do they? a pair of 2-run homers in the first, before you drank and ate enough to throw up.

btw - reminds me of the time in '85 jack morris tried to kill me.

tigers at chisox, visiting friends, last minute tickets at comiskey - only seats available were straight-away left center field, in literally the last row. way the heck back.

morris had this thing - he would give up one or 2 long balls early, then shut them down.

this game, in the first, he grooved 2 gophers that were hit on a frozen rope right at me...they arrived at warp 4..guys in front and beside me saved my butt, or i would have eaten those two.

unfortunately, morris skipped the "shut them down" part that day, and was gone mid-3d.

Kent A Bathurst
07-01-2015, 1:07 AM
Annnnnnd............

The Tigers' bullpen starts yet one more dumpster fire...losing in the 14th

They did keep it line after the 8th, but still..............you don't cough it up at home in the 14th................

yeeeesh

Chris Padilla
07-01-2015, 4:41 PM
The Rocks had their ace on the mound and he shut 'em down cold. Rocks squeaked by 2-1 last night. Rubber game tonight.

Chris Padilla
07-07-2015, 8:19 PM
Any thoughts about the ASG rosters? Snubs? Those there that shouldn't. :) I've been voting like crazy to see if I can get my buddy Tulo on there as the fan vote-in. :)

Kent A Bathurst
07-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I've read a few ideas being floated..everyone seems to agree on importance of fan involvement, but not like the KC fiasco. I like the idea that players pick 3 for each position, and then let the fans vote on those for the starting lineup. The 2 managers get to fill out the line-up as they do today, or all the managers vote and collectively select the rest of the teams.

I don't see any real snubs, even though arguments can be made. Anyone that should have been on would take the place of someone else that is legit.

Except A-Rod. He shouldn't be anywhere near it. The Jerk Exclusion Rule.

John A langley
07-08-2015, 7:47 AM
Because the fans get behind the Kansas City players it's a fiasco sounds like sour grapes to me

Kent A Bathurst
07-08-2015, 9:09 PM
No sour grapes. Not at all, John. Great fan support - I applaud them.

But from the point of view of who really is the best in the AL at their respective positions - - at one point, 8 KC players had the voting lead - I doth protest.

And - MLB cancelled out > 60 million votes.

Even Miggy - the best hitter on the planet - was behind the KC 1st base guy for quite a while. Then he took the lead, and unfortunately got injured. Who got the nod in his place? Someone from KC? Nope - some unknown named Pujols.

Apparently, you and I have a different view of what the qualifications are for a player to start in the All-Star game. For you, it is to repetitively hit "Enter" on the vote site that preloads your entire team for the ballot - 35 times. If the KC fans are anxious to see 8 KC players start against an NL team - the Pirates are in town in a couple weeks.

For me - the guys that earned it on the field in the first half of 2015 should get the honor. The only Tigers I voted for this year were Miggy, Price, and Iglesias. V Mart was out too much with injuries. JD Mart was a strong consideration, but after I thought about it, I passed. And - it turns out that Price, Iglesias, and JD Mart were named - so, I missed one.

John A langley
07-09-2015, 8:26 AM
Kent first a little history about me grew up in New York I was a Giants fan they moved became a Mets fan , I move to the West Coast two years before the Padres became a National League team I took up on them move to Kansas and had a hard time becoming a Royals firm we were here for the 85 World Series then they went downhill Now playing exciting baseball so this means that my background for other players is limited mytake on theAll-Star game it' for the fans do I think it's fair it's overloaded with one team of course not I do think it's great that Kansas City so excited about the team of course I also think it would be great to see another I 70 World Series they have been averaging 33,500 a game in attendance if I'm not mistaken the stadium only holds 35,000/damn near a sell out every game .

Paul McGaha
07-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Well, the Nationals just lost to the Orioles 2-3. They were up 2-1 in the 8th but gave up a run in the 8th and another in the 9th. Don't you just hate it when the bullpen blows a game?

Oh well, maybe tomorrow, They play the O's Saturday and Sunday.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
07-10-2015, 11:49 PM
The Horror. The Horror!!

NO - that's not a quote from Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

That is the Tigers Bullpen.

Tigers up 6-1 after 8-1/2 innings at the Twinkies.

Then, the rules say they have to play the bottom of the 9th.

6-8 final score.

The bit I admire best - the Twins even scored on an HBP with the bases loaded. You gonna give up 7 in the bottom of the 9th, you might as well be creative about it, eh? Anybody in the Tigers pen can walk in a run, but to nail a batter - that's more rare.

Paul McGaha
07-11-2015, 8:14 AM
Thanks Kent, Now I don't feel so bad.

Only counts as 1 loss brudda.

PHM

Doug W Swanson
07-11-2015, 8:29 AM
I for the life of me cannot figure out how Brian Dozier did not make it. 19 hrs and TWO walk off home runs this week. What a joke...

Kent A Bathurst
07-11-2015, 2:08 PM
This just in:

A video recap of the Tigers 'pen in the bottom of the 9th last night in Minnie-ha-ha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqGXMT6yoI&feature=youtu.be

Actually - that building came down this morning to clear room for the new Red Wings stadium in downtown Detroit. But - the symbolism was too much to ignore........

Chris Padilla
07-15-2015, 4:52 PM
Tulo did get in but because some others got hurt but he got there...guess that is all that matters...and then grounded out to second to end the last rally for the NL in his only appearance. Oh well. Tough pitcher he faced.

Second half of MLB...here we go. Rox enter on a modest 4-game streak after sweeping the Braves at the Beer Can. They start on the road in SoCal, facing SD.

Paul McGaha
07-15-2015, 5:31 PM
The Nationals are at home with a 3 game series with the Dodgers starting this Friday evening. The Mets are in town after that.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
07-15-2015, 6:12 PM
Tough pitcher he faced..........

Well, duh! ;)

Batters in that game do not face the #5 starter in anyone's rotation.

Excellent article in today's NYT on this very topic -- recommended read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/15/sports/baseball/among-all-star-pitchers-envy-flows-with-esteem.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Kent A Bathurst
07-15-2015, 6:16 PM
Hey !!!

I just realized summit........

My Tigers have a three day streak with no losses!!!

Chris Padilla
07-17-2015, 5:52 PM
Second half...here we go!! :D

Kent A Bathurst
07-17-2015, 6:06 PM
Second half...here we go!! :D

I know, Chris, I know........I get sucked in every year. Opening Day is Hope Springs Eternal, and then the sins and misdemeanors of the first half are all forgiven at the All Star Break, and we're gonna slay them suckers in the 2d half......

If Price keeps throwing like he has been throwing for the last 8 weeks, if JV repeats his last start for the rest of the season, if the 'pen somehow wakes up, if Miggy comes back in form, if V Mart don't get hurt, then the TIgers are a lock. What could possibly go wrong? :eek:

Langley and the rest of the KC rooters better be scared - that's all I gots to say............ :D

John A langley
07-17-2015, 8:55 PM
That's a lot of ifs

Kent A Bathurst
07-17-2015, 9:04 PM
That's a lot of ifs

Yes, it is.

Still awake at 8 pm Kansas time out there on the northern edge of the Flint Hills, are we, John?

The bars close at 5:30. No milo to cut tomorrow? :D :D

Just having fun, brudda. I am fully grounded in the earth - literally - where you live, as you well know. Many generations of antecedents lived, died, and were buried not all that far from you......

And none of them would have been up this late...........:p :p

John A langley
07-17-2015, 9:32 PM
The Royals had a make up game this afternoon and a we won ,game tonight we're down one to nothing by the way the Royals top the list in Vegas to win the World Series Cardinals are Second and the nationals or third. I want to stay up late

Paul McGaha
07-18-2015, 1:24 AM
The Royals had a make up game this afternoon and a we won ,game tonight we're down one to nothing by the way the Royals top the list in Vegas to win the World Series Cardinals are Second and the nationals or third. I want to stay up late

Nice looking man cave you have there John. 2 TV's just in case you know, there are 2 games you want to watch. Dog bed nearby there for your dog. I'm guessing your eating something when you took the picture. Doggie looks like it's hoping to get some of it.

Looks like a cool place to hang out John.

PHM

John A langley
07-18-2015, 6:35 AM
Thanks Paul I use the second TV more during football season I keep Game day on it , he's a chocolate Lab he always looks hungry

Paul McGaha
07-18-2015, 7:20 AM
I thought it might be a lab, but I wasn't sure. Looking at you're avatar picture now I can't imagine why I wasn't sure that was a chocolate lab.

We're a lab family. We've had 2 blacks (Bill-12 years, then Mandy-13 years), One of my sons has a chocolate and another has a yellow. Mandy passed away last May, we just put a deposit down on a yellow lab puppy that comes home in August. We can't wait.

I do most of my TV watching from our family room.

PHM

John A langley
07-18-2015, 1:26 PM
Why sister lives in oakton are you close

Paul McGaha
07-18-2015, 2:17 PM
We live about 20 miles to the West of Oakton, John.

John A langley
07-18-2015, 2:40 PM
She a big national fan.

Paul McGaha
07-18-2015, 4:13 PM
I'm sure she is. Everybody around here likes the Nationals.

When the Senators left the area in 1971 the area went 34 years without baseball until the Nationals (Expos) came to town in 2005. They've been really well received by the area.

John A langley
07-18-2015, 5:14 PM
She hates the Detroit Tiger

Kent A Bathurst
07-18-2015, 6:17 PM
Why sister lives in oakton are you close

Hey - - I graduated form Oakton HS. John - you are seriously <raining> in my Cheerios.

She hates the Detroit Tiger

She knows nuttin. In fact, she has not had a glimpse of the Tigers for many weeks.

They have been staring at the north end of that south-bound hound for a long time, And, if you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.............

Paul McGaha
07-18-2015, 6:54 PM
Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers is a beast. 3 hits in 8 innings. 14 Strike Outs.

The Nationals picked up a couple of runs in the 9th after Kershaw was out of the game.

Final score was 4-2 Dodgers.

It was humbling.

PHM

Gerry Grzadzinski
07-18-2015, 11:19 PM
I think David Price had 10 strikeouts by the 4th inning. Finished with 12?
Unfortunately, the rest of the team picked tonight to make another bad pitcher look like a Cy Young winner.

Kent A Bathurst
07-19-2015, 2:35 PM
Photo of Comerica Park, Detroit MI as Verlander pitches to the Orioles in the top of the 4th......

OH, my aching head..............

Gerry Grzadzinski
07-19-2015, 2:41 PM
How many times this year has Ausmus let his starters give up 6 or 7 before getting someone throwing in the bullpen. By the time someone starts warming up, the game is over.

Kent A Bathurst
07-19-2015, 6:02 PM
How many times this year has Ausmus let his starters give up 6 or 7 before getting someone throwing in the bullpen. By the time someone starts warming up, the game is over.

If they are gonna make a run in the second half of the season, then JV has got to perform - including pitching out of jams he creates, like the no-out bases-loaded 4th. He can hang out with Kate all he wants - we are all jealous of him for that, eh? - but he HAS to start freakin' PITCHING DEEPER into the games he starts. Gotta be 6.x, at least. 7.x is much better.

Plus - Really, now - you got confidence in the bullpen to carry the load from the 4th inning? I don't. Ausmus don't. We've seen that dumpster fire too many times already this season. You can't honestly think those bozos could carry that load through the 9th.

If you have to start dragging that crowd of clowns into the game in the 4th, you have already surrendered, plus you are risking the next game or two, when you might need them in the 7th. Heck - bring in a position player to throw BP for a few innings....let the fans in deep center field get some [more] souvenirs.

Somehow, Dombrowski has not been able to solve the 'pen issues for the last 3 years. Then, they could not keep everyone at those prices, so Scherzer left, they traded Fister [which turns out to have been in their favor], JV sux, Price is brilliant, the other starters are roll-the-dice, or on a bus from Toledo.........

Siiiigh..sorry for the rant, Gerry.........not directed at you......your post was the launch pad, that's all. THis one really aggravated me - below .500 for the first time in 2+ years..........

Anybody in Atlanta was a pair of reserved seats from Tiger Stadium? Cheap?

Paul McGaha
07-19-2015, 6:25 PM
Well, the Nationals got another dose of outstanding Dodger pitching today. This time courtesy of Zack Greinke (allowed 3 hits thru 8 innings, 11 strike outs).

The Dodgers won the series 2-1 and are on to someone else now.

John A langley
07-19-2015, 7:09 PM
Kansas City Royals ������

Chris Padilla
07-20-2015, 4:31 PM
Okay, I need a Mulligan on the start to the second half!!! *cry*

John A langley
07-20-2015, 8:09 PM
Kent doesn't get any better than this Royals baseball and Yuengling beer

Kent A Bathurst
07-20-2015, 9:13 PM
Actually, John - It does get better than that............

KC baseball and a decent beer is better.

THis is coming from a guy that spent a lot of time in Pottsville PA, home of Yuengling.

It's OK - no real complaints - but there is a lot better stuff, including your hometown Boulevard IPA, from KC.............

Paul McGaha
07-20-2015, 9:23 PM
I like Bud. I've been drinking Bud almost 40 years.

If I was to pick my 2nd favorite beer, I think I'd pick PBR. Just like the taste of it.

Kent A Bathurst
07-20-2015, 9:30 PM
Paul, brudda.............

You keep winning, and you can pick the MLB beer of the year, for all I care. I'll have no say in that argument, the way it is going..............

Kent A Bathurst
07-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Aww...........fer cryin' out loud..........

Tiger's bullpen, Seattle @ Detroit, top of the 8th, 6-8 Detroit, and:

Out
Single
Single
Out -- TWO FREAKING OUTS !!!!
Single - bases loaded
WILD PITCH - 7-8, 2d and 3d, IP to load the bases, still TWO FREAKIN OUTS !!!
Pinch hitter, 1-1 count, the next pitch.........you know what is coming by now.......

It is gone. 11-8.

IN retrospect, I'd have liked to have seen an HBP, just to add more injury to the insult.............

The position players - without the best hitter on the planet [Miggy] - can still get you 8 runs [ended up 9], but your pitching staff cannot hold that lead.......... What in the name of Casey Stengal is going on? Can't anybody here play this game?

I have to decide if I even have the energy to click on their "games" any more..............

John A langley
07-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Kent

Kent A Bathurst
07-21-2015, 11:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Kent

No. You are not. And - you should not be.

But - very kind of you to say it.

I am about to throw in the towel. But first, I gotta go find a suitable towel. THen I will throw it. Then I will pick it up and mail it to you in surrender..........Yeeeeeeesh......

If my Tigers are dead in the water - as they apparently are - then I will have to root for KC.

Long story, but in brief: Visited my maternal Grandmother, retired from the farm, Grandad dead a few years, drove her up from Osage City to see a Royals game. Had to be '86 or '87. She always listened to them on the radio -- literally every game. She musta been 82-ish. She had a blast. Jack Morris of the Tigers slayed the Royals that night, but that was not the purpose of the trip.

John A langley
07-22-2015, 7:49 AM
Is it too soon to talk about I 70s World Series I was looking to buy some T-shirts i've never seen one with Dyson's name on it so I bought one took a lot of crap from my neighbor, but he came through last night 00 game until the bottom of the eight Dyson gets a double drives 2 runs then scores . yeah I want to see the Royals win but I'd like to see a little more competition in the division

Paul McGaha
07-24-2015, 11:32 PM
The Nationals lost their 2nd in a row to the Pirates in Pittsburgh. Max Scherzer gave up 3 home runs tonight. Dang it. Playing about 500 ball since the all star break. Lucky to still have a 3 game lead on the Mets.

The Pirates look good. That's a nice ball park they have there in Pittsburgh too.

PHM

Harold Burrell
07-25-2015, 1:45 PM
Lucky to still have a 3 game lead on the Mets.

They are also lucky that it is the Mets that they have the 3 game lead on...given the Mets' propensity to choke and all.

Kent A Bathurst
07-25-2015, 2:41 PM
.........Max Scherzer gave up 3 home runs tonight................

Paul - - you aren't giving Scherzer the credit he is due. The first home run of the night cleared the stadium and ended up in the river. That's a classic.

Reminiscent of Gibby's shot in 1999 that cleared Tiger stadium, crossed Trumbull, and landed on the roof of the building across the street.

Paul McGaha
07-25-2015, 3:00 PM
Paul - - you aren't giving Scherzer the credit he is due. The first home run of the night cleared the stadium and ended up in the river. That's a classic.

Reminiscent of Gibby's shot in 1999 that cleared Tiger stadium, crossed Trumbull, and landed on the roof of the building across the street.

You know, go big or go home.

I think all the injuries are finally catching up with the Nationals. Ryan Zimmerman, Anthony Rendon and Jason Worth have missed almost the whole season. Denard Span and Stephen Strasburg have been out a couple weeks. Yunel Escobar has been out a few days.

Span and Escobar were both hitting over 300. The Nationals miss those guys.

Last year the team really went on a tear the 2nd half of the season, I don't know that they are healthy enough to do that this year.

PHM

John A langley
07-26-2015, 4:04 PM
Johnny Cueto Is coming KC that's good news for the National League Bad news for Detroit and the Twins , gave up Finnegan and two minor leagues

Kent A Bathurst
07-26-2015, 4:33 PM
.........Bad news for Detroit .............

Not so much, IMO. By the time we see KC in a couple weeks, we will have traded Price and Cespedes - I hope - and thrown in the towel on 2015. I think this also presages the exit of Dombrowski, who has done a great job in assembling the team, but has no experience in rebuilding from youth - - he also has no contract after 2015.

I'll grudgingly pull for KC.................

John A langley
07-26-2015, 4:58 PM
Kent join the fun there's always next year for The Motor City

Harold Burrell
07-26-2015, 5:19 PM
I'll grudgingly pull for KC.................

I'm saving you a seat the NYY train...because I like you.

Kent A Bathurst
07-26-2015, 5:28 PM
I'm saving you a seat the NYY train...because I like you.

Give your seat to the next homeless person you see wearing a Mets cap. I will never root for TDY.

But -- back in the day, I used to, only because I absolutely loved Billy. When he was with TDY 6 or 8 times, and when he was with the Tigers. Now, THAT'S entertainment.

Did I ever tell you the story about when my name was in lights on the Yankee Stadium scoreboard? True story - Tiger's game.

Brian Tymchak
07-26-2015, 8:27 PM
Johnny Cueto Is coming KC that's good news for the National League Bad news for Detroit and the Twins , gave up Finnegan and two minor leagues

Enjoy.... :(

I understand the business aspect, but I still can't believe it. I doubt the house cleaning is over. I have to believe that Leak, Phillips, Bruce, Chapman are all on the market. Maybe even Votto if someone has deep pockets. Can't comprehend how that much talent on 1 team can be 20 games out?? :confused:

John A langley
07-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Brian can't say that I have an answer way Cincinnati is not doing well The only thing I can tell you I Watch most of the Royals game this year I don't see a player on the team that is playing with a swelled head Or an attitude they're playing together and having fun I think that's a large part of their success. I also see the Kansas City's manager keeps the guys motivated and I think he makes them all feel important

Kent A Bathurst
07-26-2015, 11:25 PM
John -

YOu gotta take a shot when you have it.

But - KC will be hard-pressed to keep the run going. Cueto is free agent after this year. 1sr and 3d basemen free agents after next year. All 3 will command huge salaries, and likely KC can afford none of them.

John A langley
07-26-2015, 11:48 PM
we have a very good GM and a very good manager sure they will figure something out and I think I'll enjoy the moment you know last year doesn't count anymore and next year does count until next year

Kent A Bathurst
07-27-2015, 1:15 AM
Tigers @ Bosox..........

Starting pitcher and first two clown out of the bulllpen each gave up 3 runs or more.

4th and final pitcher gave them nothing. I have to assume that was because the Sox' arms were worn out from all the earlier hits.

Harold Burrell
07-27-2015, 7:15 AM
I will never root for TDY.

I know you do...already. Secretly...

Did I ever tell you the story about when my name was in lights on the Yankee Stadium scoreboard? True story - Tiger's game.

Do tell!

Kent A Bathurst
07-28-2015, 6:55 PM
Calling Chris Padilla:

What, exactly, is the color of the towel the Rocks used when they threw it in? Are they available in the online gift shop?

Tulo, and his lifetime .300, 5 All-Star games, and $100 million 6-year contract, to the Jays? I may be jaded, but $17 mill per year for 6 years for the best SS in the game is pretty damn reasonable.

That ranks close to Antietam for surrenders, no?

Kinda takes the wow-factor away from what - I hope - my Tigers are about to do in the next 72 hours.................

Gerry Grzadzinski
07-28-2015, 9:29 PM
The word on the local sports radio is that the Tiger's are not selling.
They're apparently not watching their own games, as they look pathetic yet again tonight.

Heard a stat yesterday I think, that after their 11-2 start, they don't have any single 10 game stretch all year with a winning record.

Kent A Bathurst
07-29-2015, 1:00 AM
Gerry ....

Yeah, everybody is an expert -- including me - - as they round the clubhouse turn.

But if they keep tanking in the next games, that will seal the deal.

The other thing - If you read the Det News - - their top sports gun is Lynn Henning. That guy was overdriving his headlights at the Single-A Lansing State Journal for many years. I don't know how in the world he got called up to the News - must have photos of a corporate exec in a compromising position with livestock, is my guess.

That clown's opinions cover 5 bases in a 4-base game..............He is farther from a clue than Lakeland is from Comerica Park.

Kent A Bathurst
07-29-2015, 5:35 PM
Well..........

They listened to me. Finally. The Tigers are "rebooting", which means their 6 players who will be free agents at the end of this year are up for grabs. Gotta believe Price will rake in some talent, and Cespedes and Soria will do pretty well also.

Gerry Grzadzinski
07-29-2015, 6:20 PM
I think last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Kent A Bathurst
07-29-2015, 7:07 PM
I think last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Yeah, partly, Gerry.

But today - the legendary JV of the olden days shows up, and they cannot manage doodly-squat for offense. They won off of 2 unearned runs, caused by a premier SS's incredible fumble. Hoping for an error? Hope is not a strategy.

Unload, reload, and sit in the tall grass in free agent days...they will have just as good a shot at PRice, Cespedes, Soria, et. al as they would have had without trading them. So - in effect - rent them out for the rest of 2015 -- which was going nowhere -- and then see if you want to rehire.

Hadda do it. Dombrowski knew this long before all-star break. He just waited, needing Ilitch approval, and having no need to tip his hand early.

I call it 6-5 and pick 'em on DOmbrowski being back next year.

Chris Padilla
07-29-2015, 8:12 PM
Calling Chris Padilla:

What, exactly, is the color of the towel the Rocks used when they threw it in? Are they available in the online gift shop?

Tulo, and his lifetime .300, 5 All-Star games, and $100 million 6-year contract, to the Jays? I may be jaded, but $17 mill per year for 6 years for the best SS in the game is pretty damn reasonable.

That ranks close to Antietam for surrenders, no?

Kinda takes the wow-factor away from what - I hope - my Tigers are about to do in the next 72 hours.................

I am too shocked to respond...took some time for it to sink in. However, I must admit that I think it was a good deal. Baseball is all about pitching as you well know. Any pitcher on a good day can shut down the hottest hitting team in an instant. The Rox have realized that they cannot compete trying to outhit everyone...just doesn't work and training pitchers to deal with the 'fun' at 5280' takes some doing. We have to get them young and teach them to deal with the thin air at Coors Field. Bringing in vets just doesn't work (re: Mike Hampton). I'm still sad to see the face of the Colorado Rockies gone but maybe it was time. Tulo wasn't exactly the most healthy player on the team the past few years and this year, while his power numbers are down, he is finally healthy. I don't know much about Jose Reyes but his numbers are on par with Tulo's....

Paul McGaha
07-29-2015, 9:17 PM
Miami Bryce, Twice.

Yeah.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
07-29-2015, 9:25 PM
Any pitcher on a good day can shut down the hottest hitting team in an instant.

WHich is exactly the focus this time of year for many teams - - get the pitcher to win one or two games in the postseason, or to get them to the postseason. ANything can happen in the 1-game wild card playoff. And, when you get to the best of 7, just a couple guns can get you home.

The '48 Boston Braves: "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" ......... Didn't rain enough, and the Indians won in 6.

Chris Padilla
07-30-2015, 1:58 PM
I just watched a highlight of Tulo crushing one...in a Toronto uni...cue twilight zone music. Weird.

sigh

Kent A Bathurst
07-30-2015, 2:49 PM
I just watched a highlight of Tulo crushing one...in a Toronto uni...cue twilight zone music. Weird.

sigh

And next up for your viewing enjoyment: David Price pitching a 2-hit shut-out for the Jays.................

They are not backing down, are they?

Denny Tudor
08-02-2015, 1:21 PM
And now it's august and Cards are still best team in baseball !!

Harold Burrell
08-02-2015, 9:52 PM
And now it's august and Cards are still best team in baseball !!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

;)

Kent A Bathurst
08-04-2015, 4:43 PM
I call it 6-5 and pick 'em on Dombrowski being back next year.

He shoots. He SCORES!!!

They didn't wait until the end of the season -- Dombrowski out as GM.

Kent A Bathurst
08-06-2015, 1:25 AM
Caling Paul McGaha.......

Brudda.........your Senators' bullpen is channeling their inner Tiger, dude..........ouchers!!!

Paul McGaha
08-06-2015, 5:59 AM
Caling Paul McGaha.......

Brudda.........your Senators' bullpen is channeling their inner Tiger, dude..........ouchers!!!

I watched the game thru the first 4 runs of the meltdown. It was pretty bad.

The Nationals are really struggling lately. Not playing well to say the least since the all star game. I hope they get it together.

PHM

Chris Padilla
08-06-2015, 11:03 AM
No worries, Paul. The Rox are heading to the capitol for 3-games to right your ship. :D

Paul McGaha
08-06-2015, 8:21 PM
No worries, Paul. The Rox are heading to the capitol for 3-games to right your ship. :D

Well Chris, at least one of our teams will win those games, might be the Rockies.

PHM

Paul McGaha
08-08-2015, 1:51 AM
Good for me that I fell asleep in the 7th Chris. Otherwise I don't know that I would have been able to sleep.

PHM

Kent A Bathurst
08-08-2015, 4:00 AM

Good for me that I fell asleep in the 7th Chris. Otherwise I don't know that I would have been able to sleep.

PHM

At the risk of repeating myself.........but - -what the heck - your 'pen is repeating itself, so I'm in the clear.

2 outs, but Storen still found a way to load the bases, so he could groove one........... 1-4 changes to 5-4 in a big damn hurry, No?

Paul McGaha
08-08-2015, 7:47 AM
Bad night for him Kent. And he's done a pretty good job this year, so far anyway. I don't know.