PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Auction

Steve Jenkins
08-07-2005, 8:24 AM
Just thought I'd mention an auction in Elgin TX. (near Austin I think).
It is a big woodworking plant and has lots of machinery and tools. Among other things is a Faye and Egan 16" jointer (sure to be 3 phase) and a Minimax combo machine. the url is
http://pmi.vihn.net/auction/12557_QuantumDesignworks.asp.
I emailed Keith and he said it is ok to post this.
I posted here instead of the classified as I thought more people might see it and if you're like me auctions are fun to go to even if you don't buy anything.

Martin Shupe
08-14-2005, 4:48 PM
Good post, Steve...I'd love to go to that auction, but I have dental surgery that day that has been on the schedule for two months, and I can't change it. Elgin is a little east of Austin, my mom goes to church there.

I'd love to see what the MM combo goes for.

Congrats on your new place. I hope I can make it in October, but it will depend on my schedule.

I don't envy your upcoming move. :eek:

Charlie Plesums
08-14-2005, 8:09 PM
Just thought I'd mention an auction in Elgin TX. (near Austin I think).
...and a Minimax combo machine. ...

Elgin is a small town just east of Austin.
Be sure to bring a cooler to take back some of the Elgin Hot Sausage.
The auction is selling a Formula S1 MiniMax sliding table saw, but I don't know that model number, and it isn't on the MiniMax web site (US or Italy)
They are also selling a Robland combo machine, not in the same league as a MiniMax combo.
If anyone wants to see a MiniMax combo installed in a 2 car ... er ... studio in Austin, drop me a note. Or if there is any question, I would be glad to point out how to identify a MiniMax combo, as distinct from a robland.