PDA

View Full Version : Great Stripper!

Derek Arita
04-16-2015, 6:05 PM
Now that I have your attention, I really do have a great paint stripper. If you've ever used Jasco Paint and Epoxy Remover, you know what I mean. It says it works in 15 minutes and it does. Another stripper I used took 3 applications at least, to strip a bed and even at that, it was not a super clean job. This Jasco works amazingly well. In 10 minutes the black is bubbling up...I then start working it with a steel brush. By that time, I'm just working loose the stubborn stuff. Just a few minutes of that and I can wipe away the crud, leaving a super clean surface.
I'm so glad I found this stuff, as it is a real time saver. It's turned a 2 hour job into a 1/2 hour job. Just thought you'd like to know.

lowell holmes
04-17-2015, 9:35 AM
You have to admit that the tag on this thread is an attention getter. :)

Jim Koepke
04-17-2015, 12:14 PM
My first experience with Jasco was back in the late 1960s.

Be sure to wear protection.

jtk

Barney Markunas
04-17-2015, 1:58 PM
The methylene chloride based strippers usually work very well but it is rough stuff from a personal health and safety standpoint. Make sure to use it in a very well ventilated area - it is bad for you in low concentrations, it has poor warning properties, and typical cartridge respirators don't provide adequate protection against it.