PDA

View Full Version : Air brushed painting

Norman Roberts
04-15-2015, 7:48 PM
First I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all the valuable info and insight that you provide. I have been researching for a laser purchase for approx 1 year. Tried to read as much info and comments here about the different brands.

I finally decided on Trotec 300, it arrived 2 weeks ago and it appears to be a very well built machine. I will be using this mostly with cast acrylic plastic, cutting and engraving. I have a contuious supply of cutoffs from other work we do that range from 1/4" to 2" thickness.

I am working on smaller products that can be done with a laser to utilize our cut offs. I have no problem drawing in auto cad and cutting
parts on the laser, works great. I have a airbrushed painting that my brother wants me to engrave on acrylic and edge light with less.

I do not know much about working with graphics, I have CD X6. Can anyone give me some guidance as where to start to work on this
to get it ready for laser ??

I scanned the painting and changed it to 8 bit in CD. Jpeg attached

Thanks / Norm

Scott Shepherd
04-15-2015, 7:57 PM
Hit print, and in your "Process Options" , select "Photo Optimized" instead of "Standard" and a couple boxes down, select "Stuki" or "Jarvis" and give it a try.