PDA

View Full Version : Itunes question

Jay Jolliffe
04-15-2015, 4:08 PM
For the Apple user. I'm trying to copy songs in Itunes to CD's. I make the playlist & burn the songs to the CD...They go to the Cd but when I play them in my shop they don't play one after the other. It just plays one song & i have to forward to the next song....What am I doing wrong.

Scott Hearn
04-15-2015, 5:22 PM
If the songs are all getting burned to the CD, I'm not sure that it's an iTunes issue. Sounds like a setting on your CD player. I've done it a few times on my Mac and never had an issue or seen a way to do that.

Jay Jolliffe
04-15-2015, 6:01 PM
It plays the store bought CD's fine. It's just the ones I tried to make. As far as settings on the cd player is just a cheap Sony player so I don't think you can change any settings....

Charles Wiggins
04-15-2015, 6:02 PM
Found this that might help: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19494?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Justin Ludwig
04-15-2015, 6:50 PM
You're still using a CD player? Are they making a comeback with vinyl? :D

Buy an audio jack and plug your phone into the radio directly. Better yet, get a Blutooth speaker for $100 and walk around your shop with the phone in your pocket while you rock your polka music.

Lee Reep
04-15-2015, 7:20 PM
You're still using a CD player? Are they making a comeback with vinyl? :D

Buy an audio jack and plug your phone into the radio directly. Better yet, get a Blutooth speaker for $100 and walk around your shop with the phone in your pocket while you rock your polka music.

Justin,

Come on man -- you need to stay current with the latest -- 180gm vinyl. :D

Erik Loza
04-16-2015, 9:44 AM
I use iTunes all the time to create play lists for the fitness classes I teach and have never been able to prove this, but suspect that Apple somehow intentionally encodes their media in a way that makes it diffucult to duplicate outside of the native application. In other words, I don't have an answer for you aside to say that you might be doing nothing wrong. Bigger question, though: Why would you want to burn a CD in order to play music, if I can ask? Does your second device not have a USB or other input, that you could play directly from your ipod or iphone from?

Erik

Jay Jolliffe
04-16-2015, 4:40 PM
Well Eric....I don't have an Ipod or Iphone....& the cd/radio in my shop has no usb port....living in the dark ages here.

Moses Yoder
04-16-2015, 4:56 PM
You can get an MP3 player and good headphones (buy them seprately) for around $40 for the set. You can convert iTunes MP4 formatted music to MP3 on an online conversion site. Converting the music before you burn to CD might work too, don't know. This is the conversion site I use. (Music conversion) (http://www.online-convert.com/result/626de564d617c73dabda3d6059adeffa)

Charles Wiggins
04-16-2015, 5:29 PM
I have one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089ZV1WY

You can use is as an auxiliary speaker for your electronic device OR you can just plug a flash drive loaded with MP3 songs in the side and it will play continuously. The sound is surprisingly good for such a small unit. Two caveats: 1) The battery does not last very long - maybe 40-60 mins, but you can run it off the charger continuously. 2) There is no menu. The only way to select a song is to use the forward and back buttons to switch songs one at a time.

Justin Ludwig
04-16-2015, 6:03 PM
Justin,

Come on man -- you need to stay current with the latest -- 180gm vinyl. :D

I have that very box set! I'm a total Led Head. But, also have that box set on digits so I can listen anytime anywhere. And vinyl is making a huge trending comeback.

JAY!!. Follow the light my friend, follow the light. A minimal investment will have you two-stepping your way away from burning CDs.

Jay Jolliffe
04-17-2015, 5:27 AM
Turn table in my shop with all the saw dust I don't think would work out too well....

Justin Ludwig
04-17-2015, 8:16 AM
Turn table in my shop with all the saw dust I don't think would work out too well....

I was referring to the digital era we've been living in for 15 years.

Jay Jolliffe
04-17-2015, 8:22 AM
Like I said ...behind times...Don't care to update on all things...I use a computer & digital camera & that's about it....All I'm trying to find out is why when I burn a CD the songs don't play continually in my CD player in my shop...I've tried 4 times & can't get them to play with out forwarding to the next song & that's a pain.

Keith Outten
04-17-2015, 8:36 AM
Jay,

It might be your player and not the CD. I had this happen to me once, try the CD in another CD Player.

Curt Harms
04-18-2015, 9:05 AM
Jay,

It might be your player and not the CD. I had this happen to me once, try the CD in another CD Player.

And preferably a newer one. CDs and CD-R/RW are not always functionally equivalent when played in CD players not designed and rated for recordable media. Perhaps there's a difference in the way the end of a song (file) is encoded. Early PC optical drives had issues with recordable media as well. And yeah, there are benefits to solid state devices in less-than-pristine environments like vehicles and workshops.

Peter Stahl
04-19-2015, 5:26 PM
Try it in a couple of different CD players and see if it does the same thing. I used to burn CD's and had a problem with a certain brand but don't remember which ones. The disks would work in some CD players but not the one in my truck where I wanted to use them of course. I still use my old iPod classic even though I have a iPhone finally. I plug the iPod into my aux outlet on my car stereo, it works great. Try burning a CD with with no gap or use the Auto setting for the gap. Your old CD player might see the gap as the end of the CD.