PDA

View Full Version : Kuddo's to JDS industries

Mike Troncalli
04-15-2015, 12:00 PM
All,

I wanted to pass on a situation that passed between myself and JDS industries. I am by far a small customer to JDS so you can imagine my pleasant surprise at the following.

I purchase a lot of smaller items such as card holders, etc. Many of these smaller items do come in a gift box but I have had issues of JDS placing large labels on them with the JDS logo, website, etc.. As a wholesale engraver you can imagine that I can't send these boxes out to my customers. They want their items in a nice clean gift box. So yesterday I made a call to JDS to explain my issues and wondered if anyone else had complained about this.. The person on the other end mentioned that she had really never heard of this problem but could understand my issues with the packaging. This morning I received this back.

Hi Mike, I checked on that labeling issue. Our purchaser is working with the manufacture and our next shipments they will put a small product number label on the flap of the box. The original shipment did not have any part numbers on them for the warehouse so we used labels we had to label them. Of course not thinking how this would affect the end consumer. Once these are gone and the next shipment comes in.. there should be a lot smaller labels for you. Thank You

So I just wanted to throw out a big Kuddo's to JDS for their help...

Scott Shepherd
04-15-2015, 12:20 PM
JDS is a supplier that gets it. I had issues with Rowmark coming from them all bowed a couple years ago. After finally getting to the right person and telling my story and emailing photos, they called me back not too long after that, told me the found the issue and had solved the problem. Sure enough, next shipment from them was dead flat and we've not had issues since then. It's nice to have the suppliers like that available to us.

Gary Hair
04-15-2015, 12:50 PM
All of the above plus the fact that they are close enough that ground arrives next day, make JDS my go-to source for just about everything! The only other vendor that has the same level of service is Johnson Plastics. It's just too bad that they are so far away and everything costs more to ship and gets here in 4-5 days.

Scott Shepherd
04-15-2015, 1:23 PM
All of the above plus the fact that they are close enough that ground arrives next day, make JDS my go-to source for just about everything! The only other vendor that has the same level of service is Johnson Plastics. It's just too bad that they are so far away and everything costs more to ship and gets here in 4-5 days.

That's our same experience. JDS is next day to us, Johnson is 2-4 days, depending on where it's stocked. Johnson has always been great to us too, but we've gotten so used to the next day delivery it would be hard to move away from that.

Mark Sipes
04-15-2015, 2:04 PM
Wish I could say the same for Freeman........ Three items.....3 different warehouses.......OMG

JDS does get it!