PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Woodworking in America 2015?

Marty Tippin
04-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Considering going to Woodworking in America this September - it's being held here in my hometown of Kansas City, so seems like a no-brainer for me.

But I've never been before so curious if others who have been in the past found it worthwhile or not - it's a bit expensive, but since I won't have any travel or lodging costs, it's not unreasonable.

http://www.woodworkinginamerica.com/

Any other Creeker's planning to attend?

John Sanford
04-15-2015, 3:41 PM
It's a definite contender for my time. Right now I've got the following semi-plans:

Handworks - May
Ghost Train - June
NatSTOC - Sturgis, SD - July
WeSTOC & NMRA National - Spokane/Portland - August
Woodworking In America - September - KC

The problem is that every one of them except for the Ghost Train will take about a week or so.

Steve Roxberg
04-15-2015, 5:17 PM
I plan to attend and attended the 2013 WIA in Cincinnati and enjoyed it greatly. I didn't get as much out of the classes/seminars as I thought that I would but it could be my fault.

The vendor show is a lot of fun and I was able to find some good deals.

I will be there, and I am also attending Hand Works in Iowa in a few weeks.

Rich Riddle
04-15-2015, 7:13 PM
I went when it happened in Covington, Kentucky. The drive was 1/2 mile from the house. Any further and it wouldn't have been worth it. The seminars were either for the highly advanced or highly inexperienced. The show downstairs for $10 proved more interesting than the classes.

John A langley
04-15-2015, 9:52 PM
I think I might go to the marketplace probably on Friday

Mike Heidrick
04-15-2015, 10:54 PM
I went when it was in St Charles. Best part was seeing friends from the forums. I got a couple books and had them signed. It was neat to go to once.

Neil Gaskin
04-15-2015, 11:05 PM
I'min Lawrence and plan to go I've never been before so I don't know what to expect.