PDA

View Full Version : Gold Method

Mike Dempsey
04-15-2015, 8:31 AM
Can anyone tell me if the Gold Method script will work with Photoshop CS6. I have tried to install it without much success and I would like to do some photos for a friend. Wondering if its just me or if it doesnt just work. I followed the link to the Dogcollar site but there it says it works for cs2 - cs5. Thought that it might have been done a while ago and cs6 has been released since then.
Thanks for your help

Mike Null
04-15-2015, 8:42 AM
Mike

Rodney (Gold method) is a moderator here so I'm sure he'll chime in as his time permits.

Scott Shepherd
04-15-2015, 8:57 AM
The method works with any version, but you have to do it manually. Rodney listed the steps out a long time ago. Doug Griffith wrote a script for Photoshop that just took Rodney's steps and automated them and gave you some controls to tweak, if I remember right. It's the script you're having issues with, so Doug would be the one to answer that.

Don Corbeil
04-15-2015, 5:11 PM
Mike,
Is it not working or not loading correctly? Are you loading the script file into the correct folder - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Presets\Scripts?
Once there, restart adobe, then go to the actions tab and you should now see the gold method folder with presets. I'm using Doug's version.

Mike Dempsey
04-15-2015, 5:32 PM
Hi Don, I am using CS6. I have put it in the right folder and restarted the program. When I have resized the photo and gone into the actions to click on gm it isnt visible. I have looked at the 3 lines on the rhs drop down menu and it doesnt show up there either.

Doug Griffith
04-15-2015, 7:37 PM
Doug Griffith wrote a script for Photoshop that just took Rodney's steps and automated them and gave you some controls to tweak, if I remember right.

That's me.

I don't use CS6 so I don't know it's idiosyncrasies. The script should be accessed through the File/Scripts select menu

Charlie Hawkins
12-21-2015, 6:59 AM
That's me.

I don't use CS6 so I don't know it's idiosyncrasies. The script should be accessed through the File/Scripts select menu

I use an iMac with the latest OS X El Capitan, and Adobe CS6 and this works! I followed the (almost) painless instructions, and tried it on one of my race pics, and it seems to have given me an image that I can use in the Corel Draw 12 that I am using on my Epilog Summit. I am going to try this later today, on a piece of scrap, and then on a black granite tile. I had to save it as a jpg to upload it, but i had it converted as a bmp for Corel Draw 12. Thanks for the tips!!