PDA

View Full Version : New circular saw

Dale Rodabaugh
08-06-2005, 4:02 PM
After reading all of your feedback on ciurcular saws,I took some notes and then took a drive down to Hartville Tool this morning.came home wioth a PC MAG left hand cut,for $129.97.It has all the features I was looking for.They had a Milwaukee for $10.more but I chose the PC.I think it will work just fine.Again THX for all the feedback on my last post.:) :) :) :eek:

Corey Hallagan
08-06-2005, 5:33 PM
Congrats on the new Circ saw Dale! Enjoy!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
08-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Dale...Congrats on the new saw! I replaced an old Skill with a left bladed PC and have been extremely happy with it! It is sure nice to see the cut line without having to look over the body of the saw!

Andrew Ault
08-07-2005, 1:48 PM
I think you'll really like it. I love having the left blade.

-Andy

Frank Hagan
08-07-2005, 2:08 PM
I love my left hand PC saw, but you do have to watch it ... you can get sprayed in the face with sawdust if you position yourself too far back behind it and low.

I do that when I am cutting sheet goods, which in my small shop is safer on the floor with a circular saw rather than on the table saw (not enough room to safely slide a 4x8 sheet of ply through the saw without clearing out one half of the shop!) So I use 2x4s on the floor and an edge guide positioned 1 1/2" back from the cut line, and that usually puts me down and behind the saw in the path of the chips!

I am going to build a saw guide with carriage for it (most commercial ones won't work with a left hand saw). And I'm working on plans for a combination "outfeed table / sheet goods saw table / planer chip collector housing" that I'll use to hold the stuff up off the ground for cutting.

But that quibble aside, I love the saw.