PDA

View Full Version : Shutting Laser down

Bert Kemp
04-12-2015, 9:00 PM
I'm thinking of shutting my laser down for a couple months, is there anything special I should do, like drain tube or anything?

Dave Sheldrake
04-12-2015, 9:16 PM
DC tubes don't like being left idle Bert so you may find your settings change when you come to run again

cheers

Dave

Bert Kemp
04-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Well can't really help that, but do I need to do anything. Should I drain the tube or just leave it?

DC tubes don't like being left idle Bert so you may find your settings change when you come to run again

cheers

Dave

Dan Hintz
04-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Well can't really help that, but do I need to do anything. Should I drain the tube or just leave it?

Drain, refill with a small amount of antifreeze (or alcohol) to clear out the residual water, then drain again. Leaving water in there can lead to algae growth.

Bert Kemp
04-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Thanks Dan I'll do that.

Drain, refill with a small amount of antifreeze (or alcohol) to clear out the residual water, then drain again. Leaving water in there can lead to algae growth.

Michele Welch
04-14-2015, 9:30 PM
This is good information Bert, but the burning question is WHY????? Why would you be shutting your laser down for a few months???

Bert Kemp
04-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Temps get up to 115 F in the warm months and never drop below 100 from late May to Sept. Its hard to maintain water temp and its to dang hot to work:D I only cool living area during the day and bedroom at night, it cost to much to try and keep the whole house cool all the time.

Bill Reibelt
04-15-2015, 4:12 AM
Hi Bert, I will have full info on the chiller setup with photos hopefully tomorrow. The unit is a stand alone that does not require ducting for the heat. Cost $500 Aust. It gets hot here in Brisbane Queensland Australia.