PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam- suggestions

Peter Pedisich
04-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Hello, I will be in Amsterdam for several days, and would appreciate recommendations for good hotel and or woodworking sites. Thanks for any help!

Michael Weber
04-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Not sure what you mean by a good hotel but there are many small hotels close to the train station which is the usual way to get into town from the airport. We stayed at one a few years back almost across the street. Don't recall the name but it had a railroad theme. It was fine but we don't need 5 star accommodations. All of that area is in the tourist part of town with lots of near by interests within walking distance. Buses run everywhere not within walking distance so it's easy to get around to the museums and other areas. Can't help with woodworking. I can strongly recommend you not mistake the bike paths for walking paths. DAMHIKT.

Myk Rian
04-12-2015, 9:08 PM
Pssst. Watch out for the brownies.

Michael Weber
04-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Wife says the name was A-Train Hotel. not exactly Dutch sounding but good accommodations including a modest breakfast. we day tripped to Bruges Belgium by train, the famous Dutch gardens (name starts with a K) on a coach tour and Delft also a coach tour. Canal tour is interesting as well as the Anne Frank house

Tim Janssen
04-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Wife ........................, the famous Dutch gardens (name starts with a K) on a coach tour .................e

"Keukenhof".

Cheers,

Tim

Bruce Pratt
04-13-2015, 8:18 AM
If you run out of things to do in Amsterdam, think whole country, the trains are excellent. Things to see in Amsterdam, Rijksmuseum, van Gogh museum (right behind Rijksmuseum); In Den Haag, check out the Escher museum in Het Paleis.

Peter Pedisich
04-15-2015, 9:44 PM
Awesome, lots to research, thanks guys!

Randy Red Bemont
04-16-2015, 6:59 AM
I just saw a show on that area and it all looked awesome. Maybe someday.

Red

Von Bickley
04-16-2015, 10:40 AM
If you get bored, take a walk thru the canal area. Lots of interesting sights. A lot of window shopping to see.

Prashun Patel
04-16-2015, 10:46 AM
I went there a couple years ago.

I highly recommend the Keukenhoff (sp?) and Anne Frank museum.

I agree that the train system is superb. We stayed in Den Hague. I'd see the MC Escher museum if you go.