PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Central States Bbq........

Terry Hatfield
08-06-2005, 1:41 PM
Howdy everyone,

Well, it's that time of year again. This has been one crazy Spring and Summer for me. Work and assorted other personal deals have just about eaten up every bit of every day for months. I honestly didn't know if I would have time to do it again but I've had lots of help volunteered from my buddies especially Dennis and the party is on. As usual, it will be at our home/shop in Springdale, AR. The dates are September 16th and 17th. Friday will be the normal very informal meet and greet with hamburgers and hotdogs provided etc... for supper. Saturday will begin with our traditional trip to Susan's Rest. here in town for breakfast and then back here for demo's, lots of fellowship, fun, turning and door prizes along with plenty of fine bbq for lunch and supper and we will be here for as long as anyone cares to hang out. Please bring something you have made for show and tell. If you have something you would like to demo or something to give away for a door prize, just let one of us know. Anything anyone can do to help us with door prizes or demos is greatly appreciated.

Email me at badcat200@aol.com or Dennis Peacock at woodworker@alliancecable.net or post here for more information. Please be sure to email one of us if you are coming so we will know how many to plan to feed. I post more on the door prizes and demos as we get a little closer.

Thanks and see you all in September!!!

Terry and the other Arkies

Larry Browning
08-06-2005, 1:58 PM
Oh boy! I am so glad that you decided to have the bbq again this year! Be sure to let me know if I can do anything to help you get ready.

Larry

Terry Hatfield
08-06-2005, 2:25 PM
Oh boy! I am so glad that you decided to have the bbq again this year! Be sure to let me know if I can do anything to help you get ready.

Larry

Thanks Larry!!!! I'll be sure to do that. Appreciate the offer.

t

Chris Padilla
08-06-2005, 6:20 PM
Darn it, darn it, darn it...the wife and I are doing a 3-weeker to British Columbia (that's in Canada, Terry! ;) ) during September so I can't make it. However, I was kinda hoping I could come out to Springdale on the odd years so.... We'll most likely be in Europe for Sept, 2006. :( I could use another router! hehehe :D

Terry Hatfield
08-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Darn it, darn it, darn it...the wife and I are doing a 3-weeker to British Columbia (that's in Canada, Terry! ;) ) during September so I can't make it. However, I was kinda hoping I could come out to Springdale on the odd years so.... We'll most likely be in Europe for Sept, 2006. :( I could use another router! hehehe :D

Canada????? That's kinda by Missouri...right???? :D

Sorry you can't make it. What are we goona do without you??

t

Scott Coffelt
08-06-2005, 11:29 PM
As long as nothing is over scheduled, I'll be there.

Terry Hatfield
08-07-2005, 12:13 PM
As long as nothing is over scheduled, I'll be there.

Great!!! Looking forward to seeing you again.

t

Dennis Peacock
08-07-2005, 2:08 PM
Hey....Can I come to the BBQ?

I'm not so sure I want to bring my Tormek again as Clardy may bring me another truck load of turning tools to sharpen for him.!!!! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Keith Outten
08-07-2005, 4:57 PM
Dennis,

One way to pay for a sharpener is to charge a fee for sharpening other people's lathe tools :) :) :)

Terry, Northwind Associates will donate a door prize for your event. We are doing some very cool stuff in the shop these days, I'm sure we can send you a unique prize :)

Dennis Peacock
08-07-2005, 5:27 PM
Thank You Keith.!!! I'm working with Terry on getting doorprizes for the event and I'm sure we'll have a very good event this year. Maybe Greg Heppard will show up again and bring us some goodies like last time so we can browse the merchandise and buy a few things we would like to take home with us. ;)

Once again, Thank You for the doorprize donation Keith. It is greatly appreciated.

Terry Hatfield
08-07-2005, 7:48 PM
Dennis,

One way to pay for a sharpener is to charge a fee for sharpening other people's lathe tools :) :) :)

Terry, Northwind Associates will donate a door prize for your event. We are doing some very cool stuff in the shop these days, I'm sure we can send you a unique prize :)

Keith,

Great!!! All donations are greatly appreciated!!!

t

Terry Hatfield
08-07-2005, 7:50 PM

I'm not so sure I want to bring my Tormek again as Clardy may bring me another truck load of turning tools to sharpen for him.!!!! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

d,

I'll be demoing the Veritas MKII powered sharpening system so perhaps we can have a "sharpen-off" between mine and yours. :D

t

btw...thanks so very, very much for all your help and encouragement. It means alot.

Jack Diemer
08-07-2005, 8:10 PM
I'm there.

Chris Padilla
08-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey Coffelt/Diemer...keep control of the profanity flying around Hannah's truck this time....sigh! It was embarrasing last time...you two were such a BAD influence on me! ;)

Dennis Peacock
08-08-2005, 8:40 AM
btw...thanks so very, very much for all your help and encouragement. It means alot.

I'm here for ya buddy....any time you need sumpin'....? You just holler, that is if I don't holler first. :rolleyes: :D

Dave Tinley
08-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Terry-
How far are you from Dallas? Are there any good lumber sources near by?
Hope to see you this year.
Dave

Terry Hatfield
08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Terry-
How far are you from Dallas? Are there any good lumber sources near by?
Hope to see you this year.
Dave

Dave,

We are 'bout 5 hours from Big D. There is a mill or 2 close by but not open on Saturday so you'd hafta come up a bit early.

Hope you can make it!!!

t

Steve Clardy
08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm planning on it Terry. Hey. Missed ya and Sherryl for breakfast yesterday!!!

Jack Diemer
08-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Rumor has it that Clardy is renting a Uhaul to bring down all his planes to be tuned up.

Terry Hatfield
08-08-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm planning on it Terry. Hey. Missed ya and Sherryl for breakfast yesterday!!!

s,

Yesterday morning did not go according to the plan. Sorry!!!!!!

t

Donnie Raines
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey Terry....could you PM your address to me. I want to see how long it would take me to get there, should I be able to make it happen.

Steve Clardy
08-08-2005, 1:47 PM
s,

Yesterday morning did not go according to the plan. Sorry!!!!!!

t

Not a problem. I ate yours too. Lol

Steve Clardy
08-08-2005, 1:50 PM

Not to worry. I got me a MK11 some time ago. I'll actually let you have some time to eat this year. Lol

Steve Clardy
08-08-2005, 1:52 PM
Rumor has it that Clardy is renting a Uhaul to bring down all his planes to be tuned up.

Ouch. Hey Jack. Don't let the cat out of the bag just yet.:eek: :D

Dennis Peacock
08-08-2005, 8:41 PM
Hey Terry....could you PM your address to me. I want to see how long it would take me to get there, should I be able to make it happen.

Donnie,

Check your PM's....

Mike Hannah
08-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Terry I will be there with bells on - well maybe not with bells.... maybe bowl gouges. I need a few more - huh Jack. ;)

Though it won't be the same without Chris's "Are we there yet?" all the way there!

Mike

Go Chiefs!

Scott Coffelt
08-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Mike, I think there were some bad words thrown into the mix. But I can't repeat those.

I have a real canundrum (sp?). I have previously committed to a company golf tourny, just happens to be on the 17th. I'll have to make a decision in a few weeks on whether to backout of the tourny, or miss the BBQ... a big decision. Golf vs. WWing.

Terry Hatfield
08-09-2005, 8:28 AM
Mike, I think there were some bad words thrown into the mix. But I can't repeat those.

I have a real canundrum (sp?). I have previously committed to a company golf tourny, just happens to be on the 17th. I'll have to make a decision in a few weeks on whether to backout of the tourny, or miss the BBQ... a big decision. Golf vs. WWing.

You can play golf anytime. :)

t

Mark Cothren
08-09-2005, 8:52 AM
I'm looking forward to this!!! Can't wait to meet some new friends.

Lord willing I'll be there.

Terry, me and Dennis might even bring you a pair of sunglasses...:D

Scott Coffelt
08-09-2005, 9:38 AM
Yeah, but I am playing to two cute women.... maybe that would get me in trouble, ummm maybe I should weigh the potential for getting into trouble in the mix?

Greg Heppeard
08-10-2005, 2:00 PM
I'm going to try to make it again this year, work is keeping me very busy. I will be able to take orders but won't be bringing the load that I brought last year. I'll also try to get some donations from my vendors again this year. If anyone needs something delivered to the BBQ, PM me and I'll make sure I load it on my truck.

Terry Hatfield
08-10-2005, 6:00 PM
I'm going to try to make it again this year, work is keeping me very busy. I will be able to take orders but won't be bringing the load that I brought last year. I'll also try to get some donations from my vendors again this year.

Greg,

Thanks so very much for all your help. Looking forward to seeing you again!!!

t

Dennis Peacock
08-10-2005, 9:04 PM
Yeah, but I am playing to two cute women.... maybe that would get me in trouble, ummm maybe I should weigh the potential for getting into trouble in the mix?

Sorry Scott....but I'm wearing my bibs again this year and I ain't too fond of wearing a two-two....of course for my size...that would be a Three-Three!!! :eek: :D

Bob Oswin
08-22-2005, 2:58 PM

There's better than a 50/50 chance that you will not want to go home after that trip. <vb>
Try to see Creston, Kaslo. Silverton , new Denver and Nakusp while you are up in God's country. The coast is very nice too.

Bob

Chris Padilla
08-22-2005, 4:06 PM
There's better than a 50/50 chance that you will not want to go home after that trip. <VB>
Try to see Creston, Kaslo. Silverton , new Denver and Nakusp while you are up in God's country. The coast is very nice too.
Bob

Pardon the thread interrupt, Terry. Oh, Hannah, "Are YOU there yet??" and I did not start the potty-mouth flinging either...it was, uh, Jack! :D

Bob, we are driving up Vancouver Island to Port Hardy and taking a 15-hour ferry ride to Prince Rupert. From PR, we are working our way over to Banff/Jasper and down to both Glacier Nat'l Parks and then back home to California...unless, of course, you are correct and we just stay up there! Please PM me if you have some more thoughts about our trip now that you know our general itinerary...we don't wanna HOG this thread...hehehe (little razorback humor there.... ;) )

Larry Browning
09-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Hey everyone!
I am bringing several power hand tools to the BBQ for sale. Plus several larger tools that are close by that will require a short drive to see. I have agreed to help a co-worker sell his FIL's entire cabinet shop full of tools. I have posted a thread in the classified forum. You can see it here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=24028)
Please have a look and let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for looking,

Larry

Steve Clardy
09-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey everyone!
I am bringing several power hand tools to the BBQ for sale. Plus several larger tools that are close by that will require a short drive to see. I have agreed to help a co-worker sell his FIL's entire cabinet shop full of tools. I have posted a thread in the classified forum. You can see it here (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=24028)
Please have a look and let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for looking,

Larry

Cool. I'll look them over

Terry Hatfield
09-11-2005, 12:56 PM
If anyone else needs directions or a map to the BBq, please let me know by email or PM. I have sent them out to all that have emailed so far.

Looks like it will be another good turnout. I'm never sure zackly how many will be here but around 30 or so would be my guess right now. Plenty of room at the Inn if anyone else would like to attend!!!!

BTW.....Randy from Vega Manufacturing sent a SUPER NICE miter gauge for one of the door prizes. :D Whoever wins this one is gonna be happy.

See ya'll next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t

Steve Clardy
09-11-2005, 1:28 PM
Cool. I'm still trying to figure out what to bring for a door prize. Guess I can stop at Grizzley on the way and find something.

Or maybe I can go by a swim suit store and buy Bennis a three--too too!!!

Terry Hatfield
09-11-2005, 1:31 PM
Cool. I'm still trying to figure out what to bring for a door prize. Guess I can stop at Grizzley on the way and find something.

Or maybe I can go by a swim suit store and buy Bennis a three--too too!!!

Any old thing will be fine. :D Wide belt sander......12" jointer....just whatever. :D

When ya'll planning on being here?

t

Steve Clardy
09-11-2005, 5:18 PM
Any old thing will be fine. :D Wide belt sander......12" jointer....just whatever. :D

When ya'll planning on being here?

t

Friday afternoon sometime. Staying saturday, probably heading home saturday evening. Got lots of work to do here so need to be back on the ranch sunday.

Oh. What color machines do you want:confused: :confused: ;)

Steve:)

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2005, 8:23 PM
Or maybe I can go by a swim suit store and buy Dennis a three--too too!!!

OK Clardy......That's a Three-Three instead of three two-two's.!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2005, 8:24 PM
T,

Mark Cothren and I will be there shortly after lunch on Friday. We'll come hungry so we can help clean up some of those burgers and dawgs Friday evening.!!! :eek: ;)

Dennis Peacock
09-11-2005, 8:26 PM
BTW.....Randy from Vega Manufacturing sent a SUPER NICE miter gauge for one of the door prizes. :D Whoever wins this one is gonna be happy.
t

I Win.!!!!!!!

Just hold the miter guage for me and I'll pick it up on Friday.!!! ;)

Steve Clardy
09-11-2005, 8:32 PM
OK Clardy......That's a Three-Three instead of three two-two's.!!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

Oh. Ok. Lets see a three-three is 3 pieces. Three two-two's is six.:eek:
Hey. That'll work. A three-three oughta be cheaper:D

What size buddy?:rolleyes:

Terry Hatfield
09-12-2005, 8:33 AM
Friday afternoon sometime. Staying saturday, probably heading home saturday evening. Got lots of work to do here so need to be back on the ranch sunday.

Oh. What color machines do you want:confused: :confused: ;)

Steve:)

Green will be fine. :D

See ya Saturday.

t

Terry Hatfield
09-12-2005, 8:35 AM
T,

Mark Cothren and I will be there shortly after lunch on Friday. We'll come hungry so we can help clean up some of those burgers and dawgs Friday evening.!!! :eek: ;)

I knew I could count on you guy's to help with the clean up. :D :D

See ya Friday!!!

t

Roy Wall
09-12-2005, 1:19 PM
Terry,

Sorry about missing this one.......
It's my daughter's birthday this weekend - so I'm staying:)

I'll try to swing down late this fall for a personal "shop tour"!!

Have Fun!

Jeremy Gibson
09-12-2005, 3:48 PM

That sounds like a trip to the Ryder Cup in '06! If so, I'll be there too!

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2005, 8:32 AM
Terry,

Sorry about missing this one.......
It's my daughter's birthday this weekend - so I'm staying:)

I'll try to swing down late this fall for a personal "shop tour"!!

Have Fun!

Roy,

Family first!!! Hopefully we can schedule it so you can make it next year. Feel free to stop by anytime for the "personal tour".

t