PDA

View Full Version : Yorkcraft 15" planer and 8" jointer

Robert Wachtell
04-11-2015, 6:14 PM
I have the option to buy a Yorkcraft 15" planer and Yorkcraft 8" jointer each about 10 years old but in excellent condition.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about possible needed parts for these machines and if they are still available or interchangeable.

Thanks Rob

Larry Copas
04-11-2015, 10:10 PM
I had the Yorkcraft jointer a few years ago. Delta sold the same exact machine and I think Grizzly also but not sure. I really can't see much reason to ever go back to the manufacture on these machines. Bearings are available all over and same with blades. Electrical can be bought from a lot of sources. If you drop it and break something its all repairable.

David Kumm
04-11-2015, 10:32 PM
I think Bridgewood used to import under the yorkcraft name. Don't know the machines, from same factories as most others, but Bridgewood usually demanded pretty good quality with their imports. Dave

ed vitanovec
04-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Most of these Tools are made by Gee Tech and private labeled under different brand names, look at Grizzly, Jet, Woodtek (Woodworkers supply).

Matt Day
04-12-2015, 2:26 PM
Good tools. What's the asking price?

Robert Wachtell
07-07-2015, 6:40 PM
I finally did get these tools. The planer and jointer. Paid $250 for each. They are in excellent condition and barely used. Problem is I am not certain I have all the parts. The guy I bought them from is the most disorganized person I have ever seen.

It appears I am missing the knife gage to set the planer blades in the proper position. God knows what else.

Picked up two sets of Dispoza Blades for the planer and one for the jointer for $150. Perhaps I don't need the gage for using these.

I don't know ... I hope I'll figure it out. Going from a DW734 to this. Any suggestions appreciated.

Matt Day
07-07-2015, 7:20 PM
Smoking deals! You should be able to get parts from Grizzly, as they are probably clones.

Any pictures? Because without them, this didn't happen!

eugene thomas
07-07-2015, 7:57 PM
I think for what paid ya will survive any headachs from the seller.

Robert Wachtell
07-07-2015, 8:51 PM
Matt

I will get pictures in a few days.

William Payer
07-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Robert,
I have that same 15 inch planer. It is identical to the Grizzly version ( with the exception of paint) I would suppose the jointer is likewise the same machine offered byGrizzly. You got a great deal on them both. Enjoy!