PDA

View Full Version : Leave of absence

Matt Turner (physics)
04-11-2015, 2:22 PM
Hey folks,

I'm about done with my degree and finally got a "real" job. It's for a little software company east of Seattle founded by some guy named Gates. Anyway, I've found I've hardly had time to keep up with my email and realized that I hadn't visited SMC for two weeks. I'll check in every so often, and be sure to PM me if there's anything I can help with. This is one of my favorite communities on the internet and i appreciate how helpful everyone is here.

Cheers!

P.S. The new company doesn't have something comparable to "my" Kern on site, but they do have an Epilog and ULS (as well as a 4-axis Roland mill!) for employee use, so I'll still have something to futz around with once my key to the university shop gets taken away.

Mike Chance in Iowa
04-11-2015, 3:30 PM
Good luck in your future endeavors. You have shared some interesting posts with us!

Bernie Fraser
04-11-2015, 6:55 PM
Good luck Matt, it's great to have a job so you have money coming in to pay for materials and projects.

Dave Sheldrake
04-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Best of luck Matt, the working world of Physics is one hell of a ride and truly the best of times ;)

Joe Pelonio
04-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Congrats on the new job! One of their employees talked them into buying the lasers after I did a few award jobs for them on mine. He's a great guy and you will probably run into him at some point. He does acrylic and wood puzzles on the side, which used to be regular work for me when I did the sign business full-time. I see him most Saturdays May-September at his booth at the Issaquah Farmer's Market.

Wilbur Harris
04-12-2015, 4:38 PM
Good deal Matt! Hope you like working there!!

Paul Phillips
04-13-2015, 11:32 AM
Congratulations Matt, Keep in touch a and let us know how things go!
Wishing you all the best!